PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for? Watch

Poll: Which of the two new console(s) are you buying?
Neither (49)
26.06%
PS4 (103)
54.79%
Xbox One (33)
17.55%
Both (3)
1.6%
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Personally i've opted for PS4 with killzone hopefully will get it for release day!
But i've been watching some of the reviews on youtube and the xbox one looks impressive too, especially the interface.

What are you going for and why?

Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I won't be getting one for at least a few months yet, at which point I'm pretty sure I'll be making my decision solely based on which one has the better version exclusives. Ironically my next purchase is likely to be a PS3 when prices plummet to work through the back catalogue of exclusives I've missed this generation as well as because I need a Blu Ray player.
NathanW18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Both consoles look great, but I'll be getting a PS4 on release day. Killzone & Knack with it.

I prefer Sony's exclusive games. They have a lot of first party studios that make great games. They make far more that I like than Microsoft. My friends play PS and I prefer the controller.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
I won't be getting one for at least a few months yet, at which point I'm pretty sure I'll be making my decision solely based on which one has the better version exclusives. Ironically my next purchase is likely to be a PS3 when prices plummet to work through the back catalogue of exclusives I've missed this generation as well as because I need a Blu Ray player.
Thats a fair call and probably a wise one. Although i think Sony will begin to limit a lot of the functions and the developers will begin cutting back on online hosting. Plus it will become harder to find decent players online lol.

I did something similar with ps2!
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by NathanW18)
Both consoles look great, but I'll be getting a PS4 on release day. Killzone & Knack with it.

I prefer Sony's exclusive games. They have a lot of first party studios that make great games. They make far more that I like than Microsoft. My friends play PS and I prefer the controller.
Yeh i think it does come down to a lot of what your friends are doing. 90% of mine are going with PS4 so its a no brainer but i absolutely love xbox's interface. Hopefully kill zone will be good, has had mixed reviews so far.
AdventX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PS4, however I will wait like a year before purchasing the console.
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Yeh i think it does come down to a lot of what your friends are doing. 90% of mine are going with PS4 so its a no brainer but i absolutely love xbox's interface. Hopefully kill zone will be good, has had mixed reviews so far.
I have glanced at some of the reviews, but were they mostly reviewing the single player? I'm not buying the game to play single player, so I'm not concerned about that. As long as the multiplayer is enjoyable, I'll be happy.

The reviewers have also been very harsh on Knack. I watched some gameplay myself on Twitch and it looks like a fun game to me. I will enjoy playing it.
white_noise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will purchase the Xbox One late next year around Christmas time when they do cheaper bundle deals.

Reasons

• More friends already on Xbox Live
  • I prefer the controller
  • Numerous reports of problems with the PS4 already
  • Both are too expensive at the moment for me
  • More games will be available that will realise somewhere near the true power of the consoles
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
I have glanced at some of the reviews, but were they mostly reviewing the single player? I'm not buying the game to play single player, so I'm not concerned about that. As long as the multiplayer is enjoyable, I'll be happy.

The reviewers have also been very harsh on Knack. I watched some gameplay myself on Twitch and it looks like a fun game to me. I will enjoy playing it.
Both i assume. I'll be playing single player

Yeh i seen the reviews for Knack just totally went against it. I will pick up either BF4 or ghosts. Most likely ghosts for the online play.
gunit123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by white_noise)
I will purchase the Xbox One late next year around Christmas time when they do cheaper bundle deals.

Reasons

• More games will be available that will realise somewhere near the true power of the consoles
Thats fair play, i have two on pre-order for PS4. One on release day which im going to sell they are going for like £100+ premium. I will go with PS4 get my gaming buzz and then might jump to xbox when a suitable deal comes up. But you're right a lot of the games will come out next year but cant go wrong with BF4/Ghosts/Fifa etc.
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They're both exactly the bloody same. The whole 'console war' is a sham. And if there is a 'war' (there isn't) it would be a three way; PC - Consoles - Nintendo.

If I had to buy one it'd be a PS4 though... because it's cheaper.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by gunit123)
LOL thats was brilliant. To be honest it is kind of weird having a camera facing you all the time. Think i will be safest with ps4 for now :cool:
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by white_noise)

Reasons

They're fair points, apart from number 3. If you're looking to buy a console next Christmas, any issues with the PS4 are more than likely going to be sorted out by then. We also don't know if the Xbox launch will go without a hitch. Hopefully it launches okay.

Both i assume. I'll be playing single player

Yeh i seen the reviews for Knack just totally went against it. I will pick up either BF4 or ghosts. Most likely ghosts for the online play.
I haven't read them, so I don't know. I assumed it was the single player. I don't usually expect FPS' like this to have a good campaign. You tend to walk down a hallway and shoot whatever moves. Pretty boring for me. I just play it for the multiplayer, but fair enough if you're going to be playing the single player.

The reviews of Knack are very harsh. It is more of an old school game. Pretty linear and lacking of story. The gameplay looks fun and pretty similar to games of the past. The biggest criticism I read were that it was hard and the checkpoints were too far apart. I guess the reviewers didn't bother to try it on easy if it were too hard for them.

I lost interest in CoD after MW3. BF4 looks pretty, but the maps are too big for my liking. 32v32 will be much better, though. BF3 maps were way too big on consoles with less players in the lobbies.
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im going to buy both hopefully Although i am more of a PS4 fan
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
They're fair points, apart from number 3. If you're looking to buy a console next Christmas, any issues with the PS4 are more than likely going to be sorted out by then. We also don't know if the Xbox launch will go without a hitch. Hopefully it launches okay.

I haven't read them, so I don't know. I assumed it was the single player. I don't usually expect FPS' like this to have a good campaign. You tend to walk down a hallway and shoot whatever moves. Pretty boring for me. I just play it for the multiplayer, but fair enough if you're going to be playing the single player.

The reviews of Knack are very harsh. It is more of an old school game. Pretty linear and lacking of story. The gameplay looks fun and pretty similar to games of the past. The biggest criticism I read were that it was hard and the checkpoints were too far apart. I guess the reviewers didn't bother to try it on easy if it were too hard for them.

I lost interest in CoD after MW3. BF4 looks pretty, but the maps are too big for my liking. 32v32 will be much better, though. BF3 maps were way too big on consoles with less players in the lobbies.
I agree on the size of the maps for BF4 are massive! Only buying cod for online play - generally smaller maps more quicker game play. Dont like the guns on BF4 as you tend to get kick back makes it a tad bit unrealistic.
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Xbox One because I prefer its exclusives, Xbox Live in general and I want to keep my gamertag and score.

I agree on the size of the maps for BF4 are massive! Only buying cod for online play - generally smaller maps more quicker game play. Dont like the guns on BF4 as you tend to get kick back makes it a tad bit unrealistic.
:lolwut: It's far more realistic than CODs almost non-existant recoil.
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We have ordered a PS4 and a One for launch day, will test it out and then wrap it up till xmas, will decide next year which will be a keeper as I don't want the house to have more than 1 console.
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll get a PS4 in time for MGS Ground Zeroes.

Might get an Xbox One eventually too, if there happens to be some exclusives I really want.
eh13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
PS4 because its a hundred quid cheaper, got to get games as well remember so that one hundred quid saved is two games right there. They're both consoles are the end of the day that play games, hardly worth having a big argument about it in my eyes ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (2)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (0)
0%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (3)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise