Woman Marries Ferris Wheel Watch

Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-8947143.html

So initially I saw the title and I laughed as it is just so ridiculous. Then I read the article and watched the video and it's just very sad. Thoughts?

I also found it strange how her friends just went along with it, I mean I know they just want her to be happy but if my best friend announced she was going to marry her toaster, I think I'd try and dissuade her/attempt to seek help. Being supportive is one thing, but to actively go along with it/encourage it...seems rather odd.
blackrose1234567
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well if she can marry a ferris wheel, I shall marry my playstation
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shuheb789)
I too shall marry my playstation on the 29th November. You are invited and please bring the wife and maybe the kids (Controllers).
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I assumed it was late at night and you had mean to write "Women marries on Ferris Wheel"

I did laugh when it said that Same sex marriage is illegal but marrying a Ferris Wheel is not.
Dragonfly07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's nice that her friends went along with it. The only reason for them not to go along with it is that it would be socially frowned upon, but if they're her social life then surely as long as they accept it it just becomes acceptable. If she's happy then she's happy and there's nothing that should stop her from it.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
I too shall marry my playstation on the 29th November. You are invited and please bring the wife and maybe the kids (Controllers).
Just go to Florida.
+ polarity -
Report 5 years ago
To quote Karl, we've had the Stone Age, the Iron Age. This is the pissing about Age.

So this is a thing. I really can't see how it can be an actual orientation (rather than say, a fetish). How does it even work???
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
(Original post by shuheb789)
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
+ polarity -
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dragonfly07)
I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's nice that her friends went along with it. The only reason for them not to go along with it is that it would be socially frowned upon, but if they're her social life then surely as long as they accept it it just becomes acceptable. If she's happy then she's happy and there's nothing that should stop her from it.
lemme guess, you don't think there's anything wrong with what furries do either?
Dragonfly07
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by + polarity -)
lemme guess, you don't think there's anything wrong with what furries do either?
What are furries?
+ polarity -
Report 5 years ago
What are furries?
The pictures will tell you everything you need to know
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
I understand where you're coming from, but surely she would be happier with another human? I mean, she says she's happy with the ferris wheel but...how? It's an inanimate object, the only comfort it offers her is that which she has imagined. I don't know, I suppose I'd just want more for my friend. It makes me sad that they'd be so lonely they'd want to marry an object which cannot love them back. :dontknow:

(Original post by + polarity -)
To quote Karl, we've had the Stone Age, the Iron Age. This is the pissing about Age.

So this is a thing. I really can't see how it can be an actual orientation (rather than say, a fetish). How does it even work???
It's rather...bizarre. Like I said above, I think it's more out of loneliness than anything.

Also great Karl quote. :lol:
Dragonfly07
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lmfao that's ****ing weird. But no I have no problem with it. :dontknow:
Dragonfly07
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
I understand where you're coming from, but surely she would be happier with another human? I mean, she says she's happy with the ferris wheel but...how? It's an inanimate object, the only comfort it offers her is that which she has imagined. I don't know, I suppose I'd just want more for my friend. It makes me sad that they'd be so lonely they'd want to marry an object which cannot love them back. :dontknow:

It's rather...bizarre. Like I said above, I think it's more out of loneliness than anything.

Also great Karl quote. :lol:
I think she must have a mental illness to want to marry a ferris wheel. It must mean that she probably can't find a partner. You can obviously see she's happy with it. I'm sure she's got some fantasies or even delusions of the ferris wheel being a conscious thing and loving her back or something along those lines. It isn't harmful to anyone and she's obviously happy with it.

I can understand that you'd want something better for her but what if she can't have anything better? I mean can you honestly imagine anyone wanting to be with someone like her?
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
I think she must have a mental illness to want to marry a ferris wheel. It must mean that she probably can't find a partner. You can obviously see she's happy with it. I'm sure she's got some fantasies or even delusions of the ferris wheel being a conscious thing and loving her back or something along those lines. It isn't harmful to anyone and she's obviously happy with it.

I can understand that you'd want something better for her but what if she can't have anything better? I mean can you honestly imagine anyone wanting to be with someone like her?
Yeah, there's a video on the page in case you hadn't seen it She explains how she was very lonely etc. I suppose you're right, but who is to know? I mean I'm sure everyone feels unlovable sometimes, they don't go and marry inanimate objects though :dontknow: I agree that it isn't harming anyone though, I don't have a problem with it tbh, I just find it quite depressing.
+ polarity -
Report 5 years ago
lmfao that's ****ing weird. But no I have no problem with it. :dontknow:
Okay so in this video the skunk (or whatever) dude is saying when he's dressed up like a ****ing skunk he feels like he can be friendlier and do things he otherwise wouldn't - it doesn't seem healthy that you would need to dress up like an animal to do that

I'm not even going to talk about the last picture in the Wiki article, heck no
A Perfect Circle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hopefully she doesn't get messed around.
+ polarity -
Report 5 years ago
no-one will touch me

better marry the Eiffel Tower

oh wait someone did

can it get arrested for bigamy?

:indiff:
+ polarity -
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by A Perfect Circle)
Hopefully she doesn't get messed around.
Or taken for a ride...
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

carriages too pointy.

would not bang.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads