I want to get into Architecture! Watch

fawazz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, im doing my AS level now in Chemistry, Sociology, ICT and Business. The entry requirements for Architecture is AAA at full A-level in a Science/Maths and a Arts/Humanities.

Im doing a Science and a Humanities subjects. However, i dont think i can possibly get an A in Chemistry because its my weakest subject. can anyone recommend ways to pull my grade upto an A?

Does anyone know easier ways to get into Architecture in any of the Manchester universities.

Thank you.
g.k.galloway
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fawazz)
Hey, im doing my AS level now in Chemistry, Sociology, ICT and Business. The entry requirements for Architecture is AAA at full A-level in a Science/Maths and a Arts/Humanities.

Im doing a Science and a Humanities subjects. However, i dont think i can possibly get an A in Chemistry because its my weakest subject. can anyone recommend ways to pull my grade upto an A?

Does anyone know easier ways to get into Architecture in any of the Manchester universities.

Thank you.
I can't help too much in terms of architecture but I can give you some A-level chemistry advice

I'm with OCR so I will draw on my experience so far with their chemistry course. I have found that during the course of the year the best thing is to ensure you understand the concepts. For example mechanisms - make sure you have learnt them, understand them and can apply them. If you don't understand something then ask somebody! Peers, teachers - anyone you think will be of help.
Do extra questions out of the text book to help consolidate your learning, once again if you can't do something - ask!
I personally copy up class notes neatly during the year, so I can go over them another time. I learn quite effectively doing this. This may not be the case for you. If it isn't then have a look at how best you learn and adapt your studying accordingly.
Now...once we near exam time (I tend to call this easter or a week or two before) it's all about past papers!!! If you've worked through the year properly and understand the concepts you should only need to go over the details and then it's all about practice. Past papers, past papers, past papers - do each one a couple of times. Maybe make some revision cards as well if that kind of thing helps you. You could also gather a little group of friends to study together actively, i.e. talking through things, maybe making a big poster.

That's all I can really think of right now but to summarise
1. understand the concepts
2. ask questions
3. PAST PAPERS

Good luck, if you have any other quesitons then by all means ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise