ADVICE PLEASE - cheap ways to do sports? Watch

EmergencyBagels
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hey i recently started doing my DofE and realised that for it to count i cant do any kind of sport independantly, as there will be no one to sign the thingy saying i did it for an hour every week
this means i need to join sports clubs- im a member of my school's rowing club, but school clubs are only 45 mins. the only other places that seem to do free clubs are youth centres but a) they scare me and b) there are none really near me... i suppose i should really just bite the bullet and find a payed club or classes at the gym but christ im not made of money
anyone got any advice?
smd4std
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
grab a football, get some friends, kick it around?
lucas13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
just pretend the rowing is for an hour
Xabier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmergencyBagels)
hey i recently started doing my DofE and realised that for it to count i cant do any kind of sport independantly, as there will be no one to sign the thingy saying i did it for an hour every week
this means i need to join sports clubs- im a member of my school's rowing club, but school clubs are only 45 mins. the only other places that seem to do free clubs are youth centres but a) they scare me and b) there are none really near me... i suppose i should really just bite the bullet and find a payed club or classes at the gym but christ im not made of money
anyone got any advice?
I'm sure the rowing would be fine, just include getting changed and prepared for it as part of the hour.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmergencyBagels)
anyone got any advice?
Local basketball or football clubs?
Some are free
Sycopation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No school gym?
EmergencyBagels
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hmmm basket ball and football arent really my thing. i could have a look around anyway though. and our school gym has very little to offer - its just a hall. oh well, thanks anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (308)
30.95%
The paper was reasonable (404)
40.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (159)
15.98%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
12.46%

Watched Threads