how long can you away from your phone? Watch

mewdog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So...My Note 2 recently spent a whole week in a bowl of rice. I have not complained abt anything and actually kinda enjoyed not using a smartphone for several days. I borrowed a nokia so I could had my contacts. I wasn't connected to the internet all the time and many other features, but I was just fine without it. A week later I installed one of my replacement batteries of mpj and the phone works great again, but to be honest, I feel like every couple months I could go back to a dumbphone, but I would miss my friends on the network.
How long can you away from your phone?
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
should've spent that week without your phone working on your english

i personally haven't gone without my smartphone for more than a few hours
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love turning my phone off, or at least leaving it upstairs all day so I don't have to look at it. I actually find modern technology quite emotionally draining - everyone expects you to be contactable 24/7, complains if you don't pick up your phone and answer your texts. I remember a time when you'd meet up with people, plan the next meeting, and not have to have random and stupid conversations in between. Of course, it's sometimes great to be able to share a joke with a friend or get in touch when it's urgent - but most people just send me stupid messages and photos on SnapChat/WhatsApp and then get hissy when I don't reply within 2 minutes.

So, in actual answer to your question, I honestly believe I could last however long it was until I needed to call someone (and even that would probably be my grandparents).
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
an hour (probably)

Posted from TSR Mobile
UnknownRoyalist
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
I can away it for years.
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't I even sleep with it beside me.....the charhers on the floor and the phone jyst rests on the bedside table or sometimes I fall asleep waiting for a reply and end up sharing a bed with my phone......:woo:
-TheSpecialOne-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A few hours. (I'd just use my nexus for Twitter etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Quite a while because I've made an effort to use it less. By quite a while, I mean the stretch of the day. It would be less if I really wanted it to be but I have it under control. I think.
Kezza Wilson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I sleep for about 6 hrs at most, so that.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably about 5 minutes.

In reality, I would say an hour max.

Posted from TSR Mobile
7noima
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can't live without my phone and extended battery over one day.
sufferin succotash
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
IT'S MINE! MY ONLY! MY PRECIOUS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (300)
31.06%
The paper was reasonable (389)
40.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
16.15%
It was TERRIBLE (121)
12.53%

Watched Threads