Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    'To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.' -Voltaire

To a certain extend you are allowed to criticise all groups, but there is one group who you can never criticise, and you can never comment on their power or ownership or historical action. For if you criticise this group in any way whatsoever;

- What you say is completely untrue, and if this cannot be substantiated then

- What you say is the result of prejudice and conspiracy theories and if this cannot be substantiated then

- You are of unsound mind and character, and have flaws and/ or a dark past, and if this cannot be substantiated

- Then you should be dealt with either by loss of office and reputation, or by condemnation by organisations or your peers

Clue: Its not the Royal Family. You are allows to criticise them. Its "The ......"

ReputationRep:
    ...I can't think of anybody I am not allowed to criticise.

ReputationRep:
    ...it's the moderators

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    ...it's the moderators
    :eek: pipe down! They might hear you!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    ...it's the moderators

(Original post by gladders)
    :eek: pipe down! They might hear you!
    :cool:

OP you might want to elaborate, I'm sure if you offer a well thought out, sourced and logical argument that does not pander to stereotypes, racism or some other repugnant ideology no one will mind your criticisms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    :cool:

OP you might want to elaborate, I'm sure if you offer a well thought out, sourced and logical argument that does not pander to stereotypes, racism or some other repugnant ideology no one will mind your criticisms

I don't think so. Even if you offer every well sourced, cited, quoted source and supply copies of original official documents, for this group it will be held to be repugnant even show these things. People actually know the reality but they also know who their masters are.

ReputationRep:
    Cue Amelia Pond fanatic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    Cue Amelia Pond fanatic...
    she's banned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Utfurd)
    I don't think so. Even if you offer every well sourced, cited, quoted source and supply copies of original official documents, for this group it will be held to be repugnant even show these things. People actually know the reality but they also know who their masters are.
    Try us. If we disagree, then we can enjoy our freedom to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Try us. If we disagree, then we can enjoy our freedom to do so.
    If I discussed our masters in depth and named them, you would have your freedom but I may lose my freedom to discuss the issue at all due to moderators
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I can't think of any group I am not allowed to criticize... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Der Juden!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extremotroph)
    Der Juden!
    einverstanden

ReputationRep:
    FIFA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    I can't think of any group I am not allowed to criticize... :confused:
    Pretty much any group as a whole.

People jump to their aid screaming "STOP GENERALISING" and then do everything in their power to protect them regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Retarded children? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ......WWI veterans?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    Pretty much any group as a whole.

People jump to their aid screaming "STOP GENERALISING" and then do everything in their power to protect them regardless.
    Well, that's true. And it is silly to generalise, of course, though I think it is fair to point out any clear issues, even if only some members of the group are the cause of them. It just depends on how it's done.

For example, saying that all Christians are homophobic and sexist is silly, but it's true to say that Christianity still has some serious catching up to do with regards to gender equality and acceptance of same-gender couples.

However, then we step into whataboutery territory - there will be some who jump up and say,"Well, what about this other group?" Which doesn't mean that the first group is completely blameless just because others have their flaws, too.

ReputationRep:
    It must be Harvey Pryce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    Well, that's true. And it is silly to generalise, of course, though I think it is fair to point out any clear issues, even if only some members of the group are the cause of them. It just depends on how it's done.

For example, saying that all Christians are homophobic and sexist is silly, but it's true to say that Christianity still has some serious catching up to do with regards to gender equality and acceptance of same-gender couples.

However, then we step into whataboutery territory - there will be some who jump up and say,"Well, what about this other group?" Which doesn't mean that the first group is completely blameless just because others have their flaws, too.
    Translation: Clearer issues means issues which you and other liberal progressives agree with. It's only OK to point out these issues against groups. "Gay rights" would be a "clearer issue". Preserving Traditional Britain on the other hand would be an unsound issue for liberal progressives whose ideas are supposed to be the only ideas.

Your analogy says that saying some Christians are Homophobes stops short of thinking about whether Homosexuals are perfect. But the scope of your thinking does not go far enough outside a box of thinking to ask the question: are homosexuals or liberal progressives Christianophobes to expect Christians do accept something that is contrary to the Bible.

Surely it is our masters who introduced this thought limiter.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.