Reference checks Watch

MadeThisUp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
There's a question about your awards/scholarships on most of these TC/VS apps. I don't have any unfortunately!
How bad would it be to say I received the bronze award for Duke of Edinburgh and things along that nature?
If you have/had a TC/VS do they ask for evidence of these things?
MadeThisUp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
anybody?
platosbesty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
as far as I'm concerned they don't but if you have an interview it can be a bit tricky because they may ask for proof... or you may have to describe things. I wouldn't if i were you just to be on the safe side...anyways from what I know no Uni really cares if you've done DofE because everyone does it...
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MadeThisUp)
There's a question about your awards/scholarships on most of these TC/VS apps. I don't have any unfortunately!
How bad would it be to say I received the bronze award for Duke of Edinburgh and things along that nature?
Don't. You'd be better off leaving this blank than lying.
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MadeThisUp)
They won't systematically but might do for reasons you can't foresee.

For example I found out that one of the partners interviewing me has a daughter who does the same sport, so when he was bored a few days after he searched my name on the governing body's database to see how quick I was. If I hadn't turned up I'd have looked a right mug.
Dopamine Dreams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As Le Nombre's pointed out, although it may seem trivial it may come back to bite you.

Just be honest. You're not the only one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (133)
24.95%
The paper was reasonable (235)
44.09%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.14%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.82%

Watched Threads