Time needed for maths AS level. Watch

ApplyYourself
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all

I am self studying maths as level this year, I've been really lazy and have done pretty much nothing up until now.

So basically I have the remainder of Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March and April to do C1, C2 and M1.

Generally speaking how long should each of these modules take to study if I was to commit 3-4 hours a day to the subject.

I got an A* for GCSE maths last year (probably forgotten most of it already)

Advice will be greatly appreciated.
BankOfPigs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you've forgotten gcse, make sure to go over algebra and trigonometry with a bit of geometry. They are the foundations to the modules you're taking.

How long it takes Is dependant on your ability and efficiency. At 3-4 hours a day I'd say you could comfortably finish c1 and c2 in about 15 days.
M1 requires a different way of thinking and may take a bit longer. Maybe 10 days.

Youd expected around a similar extra, amount of time to comfortably get A's. The gap between 80 and 100 ums is pretty large some you need more time for that.
i_never_tried
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ApplyYourself)
Hi all

I am self studying maths as level this year, I've been really lazy and have done pretty much nothing up until now.

So basically I have the remainder of Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March and April to do C1, C2 and M1.

Generally speaking how long should each of these modules take to study if I was to commit 3-4 hours a day to the subject.

I got an A* for GCSE maths last year (probably forgotten most of it already)

Advice will be greatly appreciated.
I'd say to 4 to 6 weeks per module should be enough.

Once you've completed C1 do 1 or 2 past papers per week alongside C2, then do both alongside M1. Try getting all 3 modules done before the end od March so you can spend April just doing past papers.

And stop being so lazy
ApplyYourself
Rep:
?
(Original post by BankOfPigs)
If you've forgotten gcse, make sure to go over algebra and trigonometry with a bit of geometry. They are the foundations to the modules you're taking.

How long it takes Is dependant on your ability and efficiency. At 3-4 hours a day I'd say you could comfortably finish c1 and c2 in about 15 days.
M1 requires a different way of thinking and may take a bit longer. Maybe 10 days.

Youd expected around a similar extra, amount of time to comfortably get A's. The gap between 80 and 100 ums is pretty large some you need more time for that.
If I can get through it as quick as that it would be awesome as it'd leave plenty of time for past papers.

And I will go over the suggested areas.

Thanks great advice.
ApplyYourself
Rep:
?
(Original post by i_never_tried)
I'd say to 4 to 6 weeks per module should be enough.

Once you've completed C1 do 1 or 2 past papers per week alongside C2, then do both alongside M1. Try getting all 3 modules done before the end od March so you can spend April just doing past papers.

And stop being so lazy
4 to 6 weeks sounds reasonable but I think I'd rather power through and get started on past papers, then I can come back and revise any weak areas.

I can't help it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads