SOTON H008 - Choosing a degree afterwards Watch

mar junior
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

I have applied for the southampton HOO8 Foundation engineering course which from what i understand allows me to progress on to a range of their degree courses like Computer science or Various Engineering courses.

At the moment i have been prompted by email (twice) to tell them which course i am interested in studying but the problem being that i do not know as i am torn between two choices (Mechanical engineering and CS). and the impression i get is that it is compulsory to make a decision about which course to progress onto right now and not at the end of your foundation year.

Should i simply tell them that i will be interested in studying either of the two after the foundation year or will that hinder or ruin my application and make me seem unfocused, because i am not sure about which one i would like to do.
jibjab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mar junior)
Hi

I have applied for the southampton HOO8 Foundation engineering course which from what i understand allows me to progress on to a range of their degree courses like Computer science or Various Engineering courses.

At the moment i have been prompted by email (twice) to tell them which course i am interested in studying but the problem being that i do not know as i am torn between two choices (Mechanical engineering and CS). and the impression i get is that it is compulsory to make a decision about which course to progress onto right now and not at the end of your foundation year.

Should i simply tell them that i will be interested in studying either of the two after the foundation year or will that hinder or ruin my application and make me seem unfocused, because i am not sure about which one i would like to do.
I am currently on this course and I've yet to be asked what I'm interested in progressing onto. Once you pass the course and are not on a language pathway, you can go onto any of the disciplines so don't worry too much about it. You can state both, but I doubt you will be held to anything.

Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (387)
30.89%
The paper was reasonable (491)
39.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (219)
17.48%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.45%

Watched Threads