The Student Room Group

Queens / Magee University of Ulster Nursing 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by builderboy
Stupid question alert... but what would be a good example of the type of timetable we will be following .. days in uni etc

We are currently in Monday 10-3, Tuesday 9-4, Wednesday 9-5 (now this day is branch specific, my group's classes are 9-11,11-1 and 3-5 but everyone is different) and Friday 10-12. We all get either Wednesday or Thurs off, currently.
Reply 361
Original post by merlotgirl
hi there guys, what do we need to bring with us on saturday

I think its just the email you were sent after you confirmed you'd be going! :smile:
Any one for children's at QUB in sept? :smile:
Reply 363
What did everyone think of today?
I thought It sort of made you feel like you were already definitely in even though there are still results to get :frown: I'll be devastated now if I don't get what I need!
Reply 364
Original post by lc102
I thought It sort of made you feel like you were already definitely in even though there are still results to get :frown: I'll be devastated now if I don't get what I need!

What results are you waiting for? Is it Alevels? I suppose it's with courses like access, you have a fair idea at this point whether you will have the grades or not, so that could be why.
I was hoping some1 mite be able to give me a bit more info on the bursary!it says the parents learning allowance is non-means tested so does this mean as I have a child I will get this regardless of partners wage?reali worried about the financial side of things and reali relying on getting this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lc102

What grades are you waiting on?
Reply 367
Original post by hipbones
What grades are you waiting on?

Just a gsce in maths...So annoying!
Hey, I missed out on yesterday as I was on an overnight shift until 2pm. Did I miss much?
Reply 369
I missed it as well. Anything important missed?
Nothing much.we were given a file thing with pages with info on uniform cost and access ni and occupational health.there wz then a talk from each branch but seemed to be more to help ppl pick if they had a choice.they told us enrolement/registration is the 9th sept and we start on 22nd and that week is more induction!hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck in the exams for those doing them! I hope you all get in, I love my course. :biggrin:
Original post by Paigeyxx
if I got rejected does that mess up my chances of going into reserve list?

I got rejected on ucas and got a letter on Friday saying that I would be put on the reserve list if I send the letter back by the 6th june. However, I have a conditional from Magee and have to firm it or not by the 5th June. The Queens letter says I can't have committed to any other uni on ucas to be on the list.

So conflicted what to do :frown: Firm Magee and go (cos I do have the grades now from my HND) Or risk it, go on the reserve list and MAYBE get a place in Queens in August/September. Ah :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grace210114
I got rejected on ucas and got a letter on Friday saying that I would be put on the reserve list if I send the letter back by the 6th june. However, I have a conditional from Magee and have to firm it or not by the 5th June. The Queens letter says I can't have committed to any other uni on ucas to be on the list.

So conflicted what to do :frown: Firm Magee and go (cos I do have the grades now from my HND) Or risk it, go on the reserve list and MAYBE get a place in Queens in August/September. Ah :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know how your financial situation is, where you live, access to transport etc., which can all be pretty big factors when it comes to going to Derry - BUT Magee IS the better university for nursing, I think it's 8th in the league tables while QUB is 21. I'm only choosing QUB solely because of convenience and money - if those aren't huge issues I'd go with the better school and course that you have a guaranteed place on, personally.
Reply 374
Original post by Grace210114

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Grace, I would ring admissions at queens and ask for your interview score. What did you apply for adult? Ask the score they used to make offers. And you will know then if you have a fair chance of being offered a place based on your score.

Could you not put Magee as an insurance choice? So if u don't get in off reserve list you have Magee as back up. Anyway hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _hannah93
Any one for children's at QUB in sept? :smile:

hi yes am hopefully :smile: if i get the grades xxx
I'm wondering if anyone has rung up for their interview score? And if so did they give them to you alright?
Reply 377
Original post by Milliemoo1
I was hoping some1 mite be able to give me a bit more info on the bursary!it says the parents learning allowance is non-means tested so does this mean as I have a child I will get this regardless of partners wage?reali worried about the financial side of things and reali relying on getting this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you found out anything more about the bursary? I think in previous posts it said that if u have a partner who works u dnt get very much extra for the learning allowance. It's a bit scary that we cannot apply/fill in the forms until September. I would like to know sooner how I will be financially rather than leaving it all until September but it says in our packs not to contact them until September . Do u know anything about the childcare grant etc?
Original post by Kezza31
Have you found out anything more about the bursary? I think in previous posts it said that if u have a partner who works u dnt get very much extra for the learning allowance. It's a bit scary that we cannot apply/fill in the forms until September. I would like to know sooner how I will be financially rather than leaving it all until September but it says in our packs not to contact them until September . Do u know anything about the childcare grant etc?

No not any further forward lol.i agree it's reali scary not knowing until September but I've sort of resolved myself to the fact I'll only get the basic! :frown: not sure bout child care to be honest coz I've family looking after my son for me which is a great help but I finx it used to be not much over £1000 for the year!ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400536214.356630.jpg
I can't find any more recent amounts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Milliemoo1
No not any further forward lol.i agree it's reali scary not knowing until September but I've sort of resolved myself to the fact I'll only get the basic! :frown: not sure bout child care to be honest coz I've family looking after my son for me which is a great help but I finx it used to be not much over £1000 for the year!ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400536214.356630.jpg
I can't find any more recent amounts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i rang up about child care and if your partner is earning over £6000 ayear you get no help at all :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending