?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Would love to hear from others applying for queens nursing 2014
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's a lot of people and a thread already running for this under the university forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
deviant182
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just sent my application off...
Forgot what it was like this waiting game thing...!
Lj.xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is anyone applying for child nursing ?
xxlou_lou96xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I applied for children's nursing at queens, haven't heard anything back yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
hipbones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't hear from queens until late March last yr, interview was in April and we found out if we had a place on the very last day of UCAS decisions on the 8th May.

You might be waiting a while...

Ps. I'm doing children's nursing, good luck.
TJ921
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm reapplying for nursing at Queens this year, hoping to get into children's fingers crossed. I first applied in 2011 when it was direct entry and passed the interview and got in but decided not to take it as I didn't think I was ready. I then started a history degree the following year in Queens as I thought teaching would be a better route for me however had to leave in order to care for my grandfather. After my experience I tried for nursing again last year through ucas but didn't even get an interview so this will be my third time applying. I emailed admissions with all my qualifications and they said they would consider my application so here's hoping I can get another interview and get started!
cm.xx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
does anyone know how many get to the interview stages? i've applied for mental health and adult (both intakes) so hopefully i get an interview!
hipbones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think they interviewed around 1000 people for 320 spaces (That's all branches combined). I think they received at least 2000 applications.
brunette1652
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by hipbones)
I think they interviewed around 1000 people for 320 spaces (That's all branches combined). I think they received at least 2000 applications.
How do you know that? Wow so a third of a chance of getting in, that's scary :-(
naomik_x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applying for my third time running! Would love to get into queens as it is closer to home but have applied for magee and Dundee
emmas01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey there is a new document gone up for Nursing and Midwifery in Queen's University Belfast. http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/Schoolo...Undergraduate/ check out the guide to the selection process under the UCAS title. There are clear dates for notification of important events and some stuff about funding!
dg7890
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone know anything about loans/bursaries for nursing students? I've heard the NHS bursary is around £430 per month.. Doesn't this seem a bit low considering you will have to pay for accommodation and that
deviant182
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emmas01)
Hey there is a new document gone up for Nursing and Midwifery in Queen's University Belfast. http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/Schoolo...Undergraduate/ check out the guide to the selection process under the UCAS title. There are clear dates for notification of important events and some stuff about funding!
Thanks for this! Helps since they've put this up. Must of been getting a few phone calls..

Posted from TSR Mobile
emmas01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dg7890)
Anyone know anything about loans/bursaries for nursing students? I've heard the NHS bursary is around £430 per month.. Doesn't this seem a bit low considering you will have to pay for accommodation and that

http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/Schoolo...Undergraduate/

Read under the Ucas application info and there is a link to the Schools guide to their selection process. At the top of the document there is a section called funding and under that under website there is a link to a resource that explains funding. At the end of the doc there are tables that show how it breaks down.
hipbones
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by brunette1652)
How do you know that? Wow so a third of a chance of getting in, that's scary :-(
Someone who didn't get in last year asked.
mariep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone...
Been stalking the postman lately and still no reply from Queens about interview for adult nursing! Anyone else get one yet?? i have applied for Feb 15! Living in Kent at the moment so really eager to find out if I have an interview so I can start planning flights etc
Goodluck to everyone waiting x
emmas01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mariep)
Hi everyone...
Been stalking the postman lately and still no reply from Queens about interview for adult nursing! Anyone else get one yet?? i have applied for Feb 15! Living in Kent at the moment so really eager to find out if I have an interview so I can start planning flights etc
Goodluck to everyone waiting x
They have made an official post on the Schools Facebook page about interview dates being sent out. How or why they may seem slow. They do send them out alphabetically and they do an A-Z batch at one time. Then wait for replies, before moving onto their next batch of A-Z. If applications are missing some information that can also delay things!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/QUB-S...16822261777439
mariep
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Emmas01,thank you for that, has given me some hope at least! Waiting around and wondering drives me mad sometimes! I have heard from all my other options and have 2 interviews set up, but Queens is where I want to go! How about you???
emmas01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mariep)
Emmas01,thank you for that, has given me some hope at least! Waiting around and wondering drives me mad sometimes! I have heard from all my other options and have 2 interviews set up, but Queens is where I want to go! How about you???
I'm actually applying for a very different School in Queen's. I'm doing some work experience in Queen's atm and one of things I'm doing is helping the School of Nursing and Midwifery with their social side so I'm trying to help with frequently asked questions. So if you have any burning questions let me know and I can pass it on or answer it If I have the info!

Also applying for university is hard! Definitely not good for the stress levels!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (387)
30.94%
The paper was reasonable (491)
39.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (217)
17.35%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.47%

Watched Threads