Do you tell your partner if you get touched up in a club Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Last night I had a truly horrible experience at a club in my uni town. I was on a crowded dance floor and a guy kept brushing past me, I didn't think anything of it as it was so packed. But then I felt that somebody put their hands up dress and under my undergarments. I was absolutely digusted and mortified when I looked round the guy was just smiling. I told the bouncer and he got kicked out.

But its really really upset me I just feel really upset. I didn't give him any signs or provoke him I wasn't even dancing just stood with my friends. Most of you will most likely think im over reacting and need to get over it but i just feel so dirty and sick. Ive washed about 10 times already today but i just have this sort of violated feeling. I want to tell my boyfriend as i am upset and iffy about it, but i don't want him to think i was dancing with this guy or chatting to him or what not. Any advice would be great thanks
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I always tell my bf stuff like that, but then he's a reasonable human being and wouldn't automatically assume I had it coming or wanted it. If he's a nice guy he'll be there for you - what happened is disgusting, but sadly not too rare.
ilex_noemi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would tell my boyfriend everything.
It is your choice but if he was a nice guy he'd be understanding and will help you get over it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by xXHolly_90Xx)
I would tell my boyfriend everything.
It is your choice but if he was a nice guy he'd be understanding and will help you get over it.
Do you think its normal to feel upset about it ? I just feel so disgusting and teary but feel like i need to pull myself together.
ilex_noemi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you think its normal to feel upset about it ? I just feel so disgusting and teary but feel like i need to pull myself together.
Unfortunately it is common.. It does disgust me but I'll have forgotten about it within a few days.
You didn't do anything wrong so don't worry.
Katie_p
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think it should be normal to feel upset about it, but unfortunately I also think you are in a minority feeling as you do.
I think you should tell your bf, if you're upset then he should be able to make you feel a bit better.
canadamoose
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I tell my boyfriend everything that happens when and if people manage to drag me to a club. At one point, a friend of mine and my boyfriend's was essentially trying to feel me up all night and I kept telling him to stop and trying to get away, when another one of our friends saw what was going on and stepped in. I told my boyfriend, and to my knowledge, they don't speak anymore.

I'd tell your boyfriend - especially if you're upset about it, he may be able to help. It wasn't your fault, you weren't leading the guy on, and you did the right thing by telling the bouncer straight away.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why do you feel your boyfriend would think you were dancing with this guy or chatting with him when you weren't? Just tell him the truth and he'll believe you.

Tell him, as hopefully it will make you feel a little bit better and help you past what happened. I don't blame you for feeling upset. What that guy did wasn't on. You did the right thing warning the the bouncer.
Michaelj
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This type of thing would happen all the time. As a guy, I''ve even been groped by women. **** happens.
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its absolutely normal to feel upset about it. You were sexually assaulted, it is not your fault and it's a horrible thing to happen.

I always tell my boyfriend stuff like that. If he's with me, he goes mental at the idiot that did it. There were some pervy guys shouting lewd remarks at me a while ago and he shouted at them to **** off for me.
EmmaJaneTaylor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just tell him, it's not your fault.
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You know your boyfriend better than we do - I wouldn't tell him if he's likely to react in a way that you need to then 'manage', at least not until you feel a bit better about it. Hopefully he'll share your outrage and reassure you.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. It is a horrible thing and you have every right to feel anything you like about it. If you feel like it's something you need to talk about, perhaps try a close female friend too. The problem with guys is that we can sometimes go too far and start threatening to hurt people and generally getting enraged which is fine in its way but I sense you require some sensitivity as well, so make sure you have other people to confide in too.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. The last time I went to a club and it happened I told him. Granted there's not much he can do though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads