Something horrible just happened... Watch

Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was on my way to the shops, and there were two student boys behind me. I passed a little old lady with her trolley (one of those things old people push around) and then three other student boys. Then I heard a sort of splat, so I turned around, and the little old lady was lying face down on the ground, having tripped on the curb. :cry:

I froze, and then just ran over and one of the boys kind of put his arms around her to lift her up. And I held her hands to help pull her up. And all the other boys were just sort of standing around. I was like, "Are you alright, are you hurt?"

She seemed okay, just a bit dazed. When she back on her feet, we all went on our way again.

I just felt completely shaken and awful and nearly crying for the rest of my walk :cry2: I should have made better sure that she was okay, and I should have offered to walk her home. I feel awful.

Just had to let that out. Sigh.
pane123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, you should have. There's no point in worrying about it now, though.
Maid Marian
(Original post by pane123)
Yes, you should have. There's no point in worrying about it now, though.
:bawling:
I didn't think. It was all so random and sudden
Hellcat12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Almost the same thing happened when I was going to the library, got out of the car and saw an old woman slipping on the footpath, went and helped her. Carried her bag and we walked, chatting all the way to the supermarket she was headed to. The old dear petted my cheek and called me an angel *sniff*. She made my day.

Don't be sad, at least you helped her. I hope she is fine, where ever she is....
Ben_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I was on my way to the shops, and there were two student boys behind me. I passed a little old lady with her trolley (one of those things old people push around) and then three other student boys. Then I heard a sort of splat, so I turned around, and the little old lady was lying face down on the ground, having tripped on the curb. :cry:

I froze, and then just ran over and one of the boys kind of put his arms around her to lift her up. And I held her hands to help pull her up. And all the other boys were just sort of standing around. I was like, "Are you alright, are you hurt?"

She seemed okay, just a bit dazed. When she back on her feet, we all went on our way again.

I just felt completely shaken and awful and nearly crying for the rest of my walk :cry2: I should have made better sure that she was okay, and I should have offered to walk her home. I feel awful.

You did the right thing though trying to help her. The other guys who just stood there are idiotic... Mothering instincts I see - I'm sure she'll be fine and visit her GP relatively soon if it was a big fall.
lNurl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Once old lady tried to use cash machine, I was waiting for my turn, and she thought something is wrong took her card and walk away, when I came one step closer to cash machine, I saw loads of money coming, I took all the money run to her, gave her, she was happy. Best feel in my life. I am so proud.
Maid Marian
(Original post by Hellcat12)
Almost the same thing happened when I was going to the library, got out of the car and saw an old woman slipping on the footpath, went and helped her. Carried her bag and we walked, chatting all the way to the supermarket she was headed to. The old dear petted my cheek and called me an angel *sniff*. She made my day.

Don't be sad, at least you helped her. I hope she is fine, where ever she is....
:cry: I should have made better sure that she was okay. I just didn't think/didn't know what to do. It was only when I was in the shops that I realised that was what I should have done :cry2:
aranexus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Robin Hood would've done moar!
Maid Marian
(Original post by Ben_K)
You did the right thing though trying to help her. The other guys who just stood there are idiotic... Mothering instincts I see - I'm sure she'll be fine and visit her GP relatively soon if it was a big fall.
I don't think anyone knew really what to do...
Hardly mothering instincts, I should have offered to walk her home!!!
I am so disappointed in myself, I can't stop crying :sad:
tania<3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's fine, you still helped her. Don't make a big deal about it lol I'm sure she was fine
Serano
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Awh you're so nice
Maid Marian
(Original post by aranexus)
Robin Hood would've done moar!
It didn't occur to me until after ... she seemed okay when I left her :cry:
I feel so ashamed :bawling: What if she was really hurt? She was only a little thing
Hellz_Bellz!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You did more than a lot of people would
Ben_K
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It'll be fine - Most people would panic as it doesn't happen everyday.. Don't worry about it.
Maid Marian
(Original post by Serano)
Awh you're so nice
I'm not!! I didn't walk her home!! :cry2: I was so mortified for her, it was such an embarrassing, undignified situation
Bloxorus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't need to cry over it lol. You helped her and that's the main thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're making much more of a bigger deal than it should be. As long as she wasn't bleeding or looked on the verge of unconsciousness its fine. You helped, much more than some of the others did. Move on
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It didn't occur to me until after ... she seemed okay when I left her :cry:
I feel so ashamed :bawling: What if she was really hurt? She was only a little thing
The main worry with old women falling is that they break a bone. Had this happened, she would have known straight away, believe me. Chances are she was absolutely fine and will appreciate what you did.
Maid Marian
(Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
You did more than a lot of people would
:cry2:
I guess I did more than most of the boys, all but one just stood there and watched :mad:
But I still should have done more

(Original post by Ben_K)
It'll be fine - Most people would panic as it doesn't happen everyday.. Don't worry about it.
I guess. At least I know for next time ...
FlavaFavourFruit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not!! I didn't walk her home!! :cry2: I was so mortified for her, it was such an embarrassing, undignified situation
You really are escalating this...
You did what you could..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads