For some reason, Student Finance are asking for more evidence that i shouldn't have t Watch

MartinPattinson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have recieved student finance for three years already and i'm now in my third year.
I have had loads of problems with my application this year. First of all, i was asked to supply all my evidence again, even though i have been studying for three years with no gaps and i applied using the same student finace customer reference number i was originally given. I was told back in June that if i did this, then they would class the application as continuing study which meant they would use the same details already on system. Turns out that was a lie.

After months of being messed around, i called up on Thursday and i was told that i was approved for both the loan and grant and that it would show up online by the next day. I looked online the next day and only my loan showed up. I called student finance that day to ask what had happened and they said that they needed yet more information to prove i was estranged. I don't understand why i have been asked that as when i first started university i supplied information to prove that, and since then i have lived on my own and studied the last three years so surely they know that i am an independent student.

I called them up today and they said it's because i put my dad as an emergency contact. First of all, if i had done so, that only means if something bad happened that they would call him and doesn't mean i've lived with him. Secondly, i looked over my application again and i didn't actually put my dad as a contact anyways so they lied to me about that.
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

As you have indicated your father as emergency contact this would indicate that you are not estranged.

We will require you to send evidence of estrangement again to clarify. You should send a cover letter explaining why you used your father as an emergency contact.

Thanks
MartinPattinson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi there,

As you have indicated your father as emergency contact this would indicate that you are not estranged.

We will require you to send evidence of estrangement again to clarify. You should send a cover letter explaining why you used your father as an emergency contact.

Thanks

Hi,

I never used my dad as an emergency contact. I went over my application again and found out i used a former support worker, a friend and my brother, not my dad. It was student finance that said i did yet not as far as i remember. I have the application in front of me and i definately don't have him down as a contact.
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

Can you direct message me your customer reference number ?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (73)
21.79%
The paper was reasonable (147)
43.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
17.91%
It was TERRIBLE (55)
16.42%

Watched Threads