The Student Room Group

Interested in studying biotechnology/microbiology, help finding uni's that offer BBB?

I'm a 3rd year sixthform student applying to uni and want to study courses such as microbiology and biotechnology. At the moment I'm finding it hard to find courses that require BBB. Currently I have a B in A2 biology, and B's in AS math, chemistry and in CeFS (certificate in financial services which is equivilent to an AS) I have a D at AS physics too which I've dropped. My UCAS choices are:

Uni of York - Microbiology and biotechnology (AAB)
Uni of Liverpool - Microbial biotechnology (ABB)
Uni of Nottingham - Biotechnology (ABB-BBB)
Uni of Aberdeen - Biotechnology (BBB)
Nottingham trent - Microbiology (260 points)

I don't particularly want to study in Scotland as it's very far away from home and I'm concerned if the uni of Nottingham gives me the offer ABB, I may have to go to Aberdeen. Does anyone know if there are any uni's closer to home with BBB offers. I have looked at Aston Birmingham, but it's also ABB-BBB and I'm concerned they may ask for ABB too. Thank you for your help :smile:.
Reply 1
Queens university in Belfast asks for BBB in Microbiology. I know it seems far, but really it's just a little bit over the water. Takes under an hour to fly to Belfast so its not really much further than many other universities some being 3 hours away etc. It's also in the Russell Group and has a very good reputation. I live in England but my mum is from N. Ireland so I've spent quite a lot of time there, and I love it! I can't say for sure, but you'll probably have a little bit of an advantage over N.Irish applicants too as they really want to attract people from the mainland over :smile: I applied there and got an offer within about 4 days I believe :smile:

I'm not sure of others in England though. It's worth dedicating some time to search on UCAS. But really, consider Queens I know a lot of people who love it there :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
http://www.whatuni.com/

Type your grades into the search box and it will give you a list of relevant courses.

Quick Reply