HPV vaccine for gay men? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I didn't know that gay men could get HPV cancers, I thought it was just through heterosexual intercourse.

I've read that gay men are 15 more times likely times to get HPV cancers, which is really scary, as a gay man, how can I get a HPV vaccine? I've read online that it's not given to men? Does that mean it's not given to men for free or it's not given to men at all? If not, then how much does it cost? How do I get one?
diamondsky99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I didn't know that gay men could get HPV cancers, I thought it was just through heterosexual intercourse.

I've read that gay men are 15 more times likely times to get HPV cancers, which is really scary, as a gay man, how can I get a HPV vaccine? I've read online that it's not given to men? Does that mean it's not given to men for free or it's not given to men at all? If not, then how much does it cost? How do I get one?
From what I recall HPV vaccine can be given to men, if they pay for it. You are looking at a couple of hundred quid though I think. Anal, penile and oral cancers can all be linked to HPV, as can genital warts (also covered by the Guardasil vaccine). Diligent use of condoms can reduce this risk though, but not eliminate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (41)
24.12%
The paper was reasonable (75)
44.12%
Not feeling great about that exam (29)
17.06%
It was TERRIBLE (25)
14.71%

Watched Threads