The Student Room Group

Why is having a car, and money so important to some young women?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bassetts
i dont say these opinions in real life of course. you are right that i have never formed a basic friendship with a woman let alone any sexual contact with one.

No, but they will colour your attitude without you even realising.
Reply 21
All these nice things from girls makes me wonder where are these TSR girls in real life lol !!! Yes its nice to see these view points about I don't care if my bf has any money or no, but yep deep down no one dates anyone who are poor with money neither anyone who are unfortunately not so good looking. After a while even my gf's questioned and pressured me if I am not doing well in terms of money or others. So, yes nice to see all these kind hearted TSR girls !!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by desdemonata
And you wonder why they won't let you put your penis inside of them?

I also hardly doubt you have gotten to know enough women well enough to judge what we "secretly" want.

Thats a big assumption to make about somebody else based on what was probably meant to be a jokey type post.

Personally I believe relationship/sex/whatever wise that men and women are very similar.

What men/women think they want.
What men/women say they want.
What men/women actually want but don't know it. <I'm the same, everyone is. Nobody knows what they truly want till it happens.

For example, a gold digging slut can fall in love with a man if that man treats her in a way that she didn't expect she'd like or hasn't experienced before.

Same with men.
Original post by Knighted
Thats a big assumption to make about somebody else based on what was probably meant to be a jokey type post.

Personally I believe relationship/sex/whatever wise that men and women are very similar.

What men/women think they want.
What men/women say they want.
What men/women actually want but don't know it. <I'm the same, everyone is. Nobody knows what they truly want till it happens.

...? What assumption? I know that Bassetts doesn't have experience with women because he mentions that he's a lonely virgin in every other post he makes.

Personally I think everyone is different and that trying to sort everyone into boxes will just make you embarrass yourself when you misjudge someone, but there we go.
it doesn't mean all girls are materialistic, I for one is not.....
Reply 25
I thought this gold digger thing was long gone...
Reply 26
Original post by desdemonata
...? What assumption? I know that Bassetts doesn't have experience with women because he mentions that he's a lonely virgin in every other post he makes.

Personally I think everyone is different and that trying to sort everyone into boxes will just make you embarrass yourself when you misjudge someone, but there we go.

pffft fair enough, didn't know that.

Pretty much agreed, I just be myself these days. If someones up for it, good to go.
I haven't got a clue. Apparently the rich bad boy image seems nice and attractive...
Shiny expensive things get fast attention but the relationship won't be about them, it would just be about the money, which isn't really a relationship at all.
Gold diggers check out vitalyzhd they all do it
Reply 29
Original post by Bassetts
Because women are generally shallow and materialistic. Also many young women secretly hope they end up with a rich boyfriend or husband, so they don't need to work and can spend their days lazing about, applying makeup and gossiping with the "girlies" at the hair salon/gym.

Now I'm sure that you're an idiot.
Reply 30
Original post by KingKumar
Now I'm sure that you're an idiot.

Exactly, the words "sour" and "grapes" spring to mind :wink:
Original post by Alpha brah
I lose my faith in humanity every time I see guys in their twenties on TSR who haven't even become capable of forming basic friendships with the opposite sex yet :frown:

To be fair, for some of them they're not capable of forming friendships with their own sex either.
these are the sort of ideas that even feminism ignores, because its such basic sexism that there is just no hope for anyone who thinks like this.

i mean some of the beliefs about women on this thread are outdated even in misogynistic terms (mainly looking at Bassets tbf)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending