Turn on thread page Beta

I recently attended a residential weekend based on a campaign in London. I immediately noticed a guy who'd also came for the weekend and soon noticed that we were given each other the eye. He was hugely attractive and it wasn't long until we began speaking to each other. One thing lead to another and we spent the entire weekend making each other smile, laugh and shared endless happy moments together! I honestly never thought it was possible to feel such a connection with anyone in such a short spaaace f time. When it was time to leave, we were both gutted. I honestly could have cried and we hugged and kissed numerous times before letting go. Something told me from that moment that I had to do something.

Over the next few days we kept in contact and held great conversations. We really enjoyed talking to each other and we both decided that I'd make the 4 hour journey to see him again. We spoke endlessly of our excitement and happiness at the thought of seeing each other and discussed things we could do to make the most of the weekend. The day came and I made the journey. I was so nervous and exited at the same time! It struck me what I was actually doing but something told me that it was right and I had to grab this opportunity. I arrived on the platform and instantly, like a fairytale I jumped into his arms and both our little faces lit up as we were reunited. In that moment and that moment alone I knew that I'd made the right decision. I'm his company I was so happy and felt so alive! I was introduced to his family who were so warm and welcoming and we headed off for a picnic at this remote location on the beach. It was just me, him and the sea (and his dog aha). It was magical!

We grew wen closer over the weekend. He even felt confident holding hands with me through his village (baring in mind as a young gay person this can be quite daunting the first time). I'm also the first boy he's brought home to meet his parents and they honestly made me feel like one of their own. It was strange, as it felt like I had been there before and had known him for years! We slept together and woke up the next day, both happy to see each other first thing. We did so many romantic things like holding hands and singing together to our favourite songs, visiting places in his local town and just generally getting ever closer

I don't believe love comes quickly but I'm definitely falling in love with him. I've never had these kind of feelings before and I'd be so happy if I can call him mine. He doesn't feel ready to commit at this stage though, because he's being hurt in the past, even though he admits he feels different about me in comparison. I really want to be able to call him mine, and although we are inseparable right now and are committed to each other. Is it normal for him not to want to commit to a relationship at this stage? Is it bad of me for feeling like something is missing? What should I do? I've put 110% in and he has too, so when can I be sure he'll be ready? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you love him, and you trust him, and you want to pursue this then for now at least I see no problem in it continuing without you DTRing. However if you feel that this going South could really emotionally upset you and possibly cause you true upset then maybe you need to explain this to him now. You don't want to let yourself get dragged into something thinking it's love and then ending up hurt because it didn't become anything serious, but if you think you can handle the uncertainty for now then go with it. xxx

ReputationRep:
    Take a deep breath. The last thing you want to do is kill such a wonderful thing through pressure. It's great that you feel such deep emotions but be patient and give him time. Like you said, he's been hurt in the past and taking things at a slow pace is perfectly legitimate and certainly not something you need to be concerned about.

I once ruined a potentially great relationship by trying to get things to move to an emotional place they didn't need to be. Trust me, you don't want to do this!

The first few months should be spent getting to know each other, having fun, and building up some great memories. If this is the Real Thing you'll have a long time in the future to express undying love for each other. Try to relax and let him move at his own pace. It will probably be sooner than you think anyway.

[I should just add that was very romantic and rather charmingly written - makes a change from some of the demoralising stuff that you often find here!]

(Original post by Lotus_Eater)
    Take a deep breath. The last thing you want to do is kill such a wonderful thing through pressure. It's great that you feel such deep emotions but be patient and give him time. Like you said, he's been hurt in the past and taking things at a slow pace is perfectly legitimate and certainly not something you need to be concerned about.

I once ruined a potentially great relationship by trying to get things to move to an emotional place they didn't need to be. Trust me, you don't want to do this!

The first few months should be spent getting to know each other, having fun, and building up some great memories. If this is the Real Thing you'll have a long time in the future to express undying love for each other. Try to relax and let him move at his own pace. It will probably be sooner than you think anyway.

[I should just add that was very romantic and rather charmingly written - makes a change from some of the demoralising stuff that you often find here!]
    I found this to be such beautiful reading! You're right and I think it's just the fact I've never had anything so beautiful and innocent, it's hard to be patient over someone so amazing! Thanks again for your reply.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.