Refund for tuition fees which were paid in full? Watch

morr004
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
To hopefully cut a long story short-ish, I started a part time foundation course in October under the impression it would help me immprove certain skills which I required to get onto a degree course. I paid the tuition fees in full at the beginning of the course. Unfortunately it was not made clear to me that the part of the course which I felt was the key to increasing my skills was simply an optional extra.
I quit the course and wrote to them to inform them of my decision and to ask for a refund of the majority of the tuition fees, and even sent them the £25 admin charge. Today I recieved a letter (a number of weeks after recieving a receipt for the £25 admin charge) to say that I can either re-enrol onto the course next year, which I clearly do not want to do for reasons which I stated to them in the exit interview, OR put the majority of the money already paid as credit towards another course, however the credit only lasts 12 months.
I don't feel that either of these options are really that acceptable.
My question is, can I get a refund for at least part of the tuition fees which were paid in advance?

Many thanks,
morr004
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

Just to confirm, did you apply to Student Finance England for any funding, or did you use your own money to pay the tuition fees to your place of study?

Thanks.
morr004
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks for getting in touch,

I used my own money to pay for the tuition fees at the media college.

Thanks again.
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

If you have not been awarded a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England, we are unable to assist with your request for a refund of your Tuition Fee payments.

We recommend you speak to your university for assistance with their refund policy when it comes to Tuition Fee payments.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.32%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (36)
18.18%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.59%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.16%

Watched Threads