Do tables count in your word count? APA 6th Watch

NatashaLee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm using APA 6th referencing, and I'm wondering if I'm using tables in my assignment (in this case it's a report) and the table is a table copied (and referenced) straight from a book, do the words in it count towards my word count?
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NatashaLee)
I'm using APA 6th referencing, and I'm wondering if I'm using tables in my assignment (in this case it's a report) and the table is a table copied (and referenced) straight from a book, do the words in it count towards my word count?
What subject are you doing or university are you attending? Educational Debate is for debating and discussing current issues in education. If you let me know then I can move the thread to the best forum.

But the answer to such question is that it will vary by university (and even department within a university).

If tables are included in your word count then I expect a copied, referenced table would, just as a direct quotation would usually count. If they don't then they won't. But this is only a guess. You need proper clarification from your department.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't have thought so, but you'd be better asking your department.
NatashaLee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you, and sorry about the wrong forum, wasn't sure where was best to put it.

My tutor did get back to me, and said they didn't count, so you can lock/delete this if you wish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.49%
The paper was reasonable (360)
41.96%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
19.58%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
15.97%

Watched Threads