Personal Statement issues Watch

Breadsticks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm writing my personal statement at the moment and I'm seriously struggling. I am on a gap year so I don't really have support from my old sixth form as the current year applying are getting priority. I'm looking to do combined honours of Creative Events Management and Film, Radio and Television production. However not all of the courses I am applying for offer all aspects of these courses. Some only offer film production, some are called Music and Festival Management etc.

This is why I'm struggling with my personal statement so much as I'm technically applying for 4/5 courses with only one personal statement. Should I just write it as if I'm applying for one course? Should I just include everything? Pleaaaase help
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Breadsticks)
I'm writing my personal statement at the moment and I'm seriously struggling. I am on a gap year so I don't really have support from my old sixth form as the current year applying are getting priority. I'm looking to do combined honours of Creative Events Management and Film, Radio and Television production. However not all of the courses I am applying for offer all aspects of these courses. Some only offer film production, some are called Music and Festival Management etc.

This is why I'm struggling with my personal statement so much as I'm technically applying for 4/5 courses with only one personal statement. Should I just write it as if I'm applying for one course? Should I just include everything? Pleaaaase help
The best advice anyone can give you is to decide what you really want to study and apply for that. Spreading a ps across 4 different subjects is flagging up to the admissions tutors that you aren't really committed to any of them. You will have to make a decision in the end, so better to make it now and make a properly targeted application which has a great deal more chance of success.
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Breadsticks)

You should have 2 paragraphs describing what you have done for your course and an intro to say how you became interested.

Into is probably a lot harder i must say, and it may be that you will have to narrow down what you write. E.g. Not righting about radio. Its possible but slightly risky. A mate of mine applied for a joints with accounting and never once mentioned it in his PS.
Try create links between your courses. Obviously easier said than done

All i must say is that, your course isnt one that is massively competitive, so i suspect you mistakes or hints of uncertainty may get a sniff, but not as much of an inhale of rejection.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (163)
22.27%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (137)
18.72%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise