The generic, "why our uni" question Watch

podrodow1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok, so I've got an Interview coming up soon and am bound to be asked, "why did you pick our uni"?

Now, my reasons for picking it are fairly simple, it's a good uni and it's in a nice area. But, I don't really think this would make a good answer to the question. What answers do you guys recommend?

btw it's Loughborough
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by podrodow1)
Ok, so I've got an Interview coming up soon and am bound to be asked, "why did you pick our uni"?

Now, my reasons for picking it are fairly simple, it's a good uni and it's in a nice area. But, I don't really think this would make a good answer to the question. What answers do you guys recommend?

btw it's Loughborough
Have a look at the modules for that course, find some that interest you (ideally not some that are commonly taught at unis), and then say that you want to go to Loughborough because of that. That will show that you have really researched properly. You could also say (if it's true) that you know Loughborough is really good at x sport, and you want to get involved with the x society (check what's on offer at Loughborough, and ideally check their ranking on the BUCS website first)

Saying its got a good reputation and is in a nice area is fine as part of the answer, but it's all a bit motherhood and apple pie, as it can be said about any uni. Being able to say something that is specific to Loughborough will look an awful lot better.
podrodow1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Have a look at the modules for that course, find some that interest you (ideally not some that are commonly taught at unis), and then say that you want to go to Loughborough because of that. That will show that you have really researched properly. You could also say (if it's true) that you know Loughborough is really good at x sport, and you want to get involved with the x society (check what's on offer at Loughborough, and ideally check their ranking on the BUCS website first)

Saying its got a good reputation and is in a nice area is fine as part of the answer, but it's all a bit motherhood and apple pie, as it can be said about any uni. Being able to say something that is specific to Loughborough will look an awful lot better.
Ok, that helps a lot, thanks.
icouldntthinkofone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)

Great answer. Was going to answer but Id be repeating - so just seconding .
physicso
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They want you to quote exactly where the university is ranked internationally, thats all!
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by physicso)
They want you to quote exactly where the university is ranked internationally, thats all!
No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads