Is it possible to self-teach A2 Maths? Watch

Shido
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would like to study Computer Science and hopefully get into Imperial. I don't have further maths, so I'm planing to self-teach C3, C4 and M1 is it possible? Currently studying C1, C2 and D1 at school. Oh I do want all A's in these modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shido)
I would like to study Computer Science and hopefully get into Imperial. I don't have further maths, so I'm planing to self-teach C3, C4 and M1 is it possible? Currently studying C1, C2 and D1 at school. Oh I do want all A's in these modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes c4 essentially entails m1 + c3 + c2 so as long as you understand the work you should be fine.

Be sure to use exam solutions + maths 24/7

tbh standard of teaching in my school is so bad it is essentially what I am doing.

May help to get the cgp guide oh and definitely work through the official edexcel book
Ilhajxichjabv
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it's definitely possible if youre willing to put the time in.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's definitely possible, it depends on you and how you learn. Personally, I found M1 quite difficult to self-teach because the textbook I used explained things really badly, so definitely make sure your maths teachers have time to go over anything you don't completely understand.
Shido
Rep:
?
(Original post by REASON_Lighters)
yes c4 essentially entails m1 + c3 + c2 so as long as you understand the work you should be fine.

Be sure to use exam solutions + maths 24/7

tbh standard of teaching in my school is so bad it is essentially what I am doing.

May help to get the cgp guide oh and definitely work through the official edexcel book
I see thanks a lot, I'll follows all of this completely!! I have set my mind in it now!

(Original post by Ilhajxichjabv)
it's definitely possible if youre willing to put the time in
Yes I'm, I'm willing to put in time and get an A* by end of it, I just want to make it then that would be a dream come true!

(Original post by Chlorophile)
It's definitely possible, it depends on you and how you learn. Personally, I found M1 quite difficult to self-teach because the textbook I used explained things really badly, so definitely make sure your maths teachers have time to go over anything you don't completely understand.
Thanks a lot will take your point onwards. You guys given me hope, gonna start doing mixed exercise from straight out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shido
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlorophile)
I'll be self teaching, so I won't get their help. Unless I go to them at private times, even then not sure if they'll help me cos they'll be against me studying it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.72%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (155)
18.63%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed