Guest Watch

Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've not had anyone stay by me before, besides family, but someone might be soon.
Is it convention to get new sheets and have them sleep on my bed and I take the couch?
Also, should I get them their own towel and house slippers?

The Egg Militia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What kind of guest are we talking? Friends? Same gender? Family?
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Egg Militia)
What kind of guest are we talking? Friends? Same gender? Family?
Sorry, I should have been more informative in the OP. I know what I do with family.
I meant the general non-family rule, sorry.
The Egg Militia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So what relationship do you have to this guest?

Personally, I would only give up my bed if the person was ill or I didn't know them that well (like, if they were paying to stay). Friends and family will have to make do with the sofa/floor If you're bringing a girl round, share the bed!
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
So what relationship do you have to this guest?

Personally, I would only give up my bed if the person was ill or I didn't know them that well (like, if they were paying to stay). Friends and family will have to make do with the sofa/floor If you're bringing a girl round, share the bed!
I'm in the "getting to know" stages with the person. I'm actually bi (99.97% homo) btw.

What about other things, to make them comfortable? Would you get them a new pyjama set and towels and stuff or would you let them use your clean but slightly stained stuff? Most of my towels have bleach stains, you see.
The Egg Militia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah :P Well, yeah, in your case I'd say it's best to be a little more accommodating.

Perhaps get a fresh set of sheets if they're visibly perma-stained and let them have your bed. The rest is really down to you. Have a good clean-up for them and give them personal space when necessary to get changed etc. I'd hope they'd bring their own PJs and you can get cheap new towels from Tesco. Only about a £1 :P I'd buy one just to put your mind at ease.
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Ah :P Well, yeah, in your case I'd say it's best to be a little more accommodating.

Perhaps get a fresh set of sheets if they're visibly perma-stained and let them have your bed. The rest is really down to you. Have a good clean-up for them and give them personal space when necessary to get changed etc. I'd hope they'd bring their own PJs and you can get cheap new towels from Tesco. Only about a £1 :P I'd buy one just to put your mind at ease.
Thanks. And would you say your advice is applicable to friends as well?

Oh yes, I'd certainly clean. I'd hate someone to see how I messy I can be and I'll try and get a range of toiletries for them as well
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
Aren't towels white?
The Egg Militia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well as a uni student, sleep overs with friends I see frequently are quite common. The general etiquette is that if you're sleeping at someone else's, you'll be sleeping on the floor/couch.

If I had a friend over who I hadn't seen in months and they'd travelled a long way to visit, then I'd probably give up my bed for them, feed them and treat them more like a hotel guest.
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by techno-thriller)
Aren't towels white?
I have green and khaki towels.

Well as a uni student, sleep overs with friends I see frequently are quite common. The general etiquette is that if you're sleeping at someone else's, you'll be sleeping on the floor/couch.

If I had a friend over who I hadn't seen in months and they'd travelled a long way to visit, then I'd probably give up my bed for them, feed them and treat them more like a hotel guest.
Ah, right. That'd be my mind set as well (sleeping on someone's floor/couch if I were visiting), but it's the first time I'm hosting someone.
Fair enough thanks. As the people I'm close to tend to be in London or abroad and I'm in Manchester, I think the latter option is the best. Thanks for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (47)
24.1%
The paper was reasonable (86)
44.1%
Not feeling great about that exam (33)
16.92%
It was TERRIBLE (29)
14.87%

Watched Threads