Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I currently live with my Mum and her partner permanently. If I went to a certain university I would live with my Dad. Would I class myself as living away from home, because I heard your home is your permanent address.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    For assessment purposes, if you live with one of your parents, you would be awarded the 'living at home' rate of Maintenance Loan.

    When you apply for student finance, the parent you will be living with will need to declare their income if you wish to apply for means-tested funding. If they live with a partner, their partner will also need to declare their income.


University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.