Application question on UCAS Watch

JamesBarrett95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

Couldn't seem to find this on the forum so I thought I would ask:

Obviously everyone has 5 choices when attempting to join university, but when applying, do you need to apply for both the sandwich year and the standard undergraduate 3 year course?

When my brother applied for uni a few years back he said just put down the course code with the sandwich year, and if you do not qualify for the sandwich year then it still counts as an application for the normal 3 year course. He said he was not 100% though either and wanted me to confirm it with someone

Thanks
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JamesBarrett95)
Hi,

Couldn't seem to find this on the forum so I thought I would ask:

Obviously everyone has 5 choices when attempting to join university, but when applying, do you need to apply for both the sandwich year and the standard undergraduate 3 year course?

When my brother applied for uni a few years back he said just put down the course code with the sandwich year, and if you do not qualify for the sandwich year then it still counts as an application for the normal 3 year course. He said he was not 100% though either and wanted me to confirm it with someone

Thanks
No its a waste of an application.

3 year coursers even get the chance for a sandwich year during their studies anyways (usually anyways). If you fail to get a placement, you will just continue your studies anyways, completing your degree in 3 years than 4.

(Waste of an application like applying for MEng AND BEng.... Yuck)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (104)
19.01%
The paper was reasonable (275)
50.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
19.93%
It was TERRIBLE (59)
10.79%

Watched Threads