A Level/College help? Watch

Lew.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, I apologise if this is in the wrong sub-forum and could a mod move it if it is?

I am about to finish my GCSE's (year 11) and have applied to go to my secondary school's sixth form. I ultimately want to do a sport science course at a respected uni. The sixth form offers everything I want (maths, physics, geography and BTEC sport level 3). I have the grades but the interview process has already begun. I'm worried that my school will run out of places before my interview even takes place (9th of December). Last year they said they ran out of places and even though they wanted to give kids places, they didn't have space.

So obviously, I'm looking at colleges. Birmingham uni says they require either AAB or higher or a BTEC Sport distinction and an A level course with a grade B or higher. I can't find a college in my area that offers BTEC's along side A levels. (You can apply for BTECs or A levels, but not together).

Do I have any other options that I don't see? I'm worried that if I don't get into sixth form, I'm not going to be able to go to a good uni. Sorry for the long post!
g.k.galloway
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello Lew.

It's been a while since you posted and you haven't had a reply so I am bumping this thread. I hope you receive an answer soon.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.04%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.23%

Watched Threads