Need some advice ! Watch

karun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I applied to universities a month before and being an international student i gave my IELTS exam nearly 2 months back.I initially got an overall of 7.5 bands with a disappointing 5.5 band in writing section so I gave my IELTS writing for reassessment. I gave my TRF number in UCAS as I was pretty sure I would get an increase.After 2 months of applying for recheck i got my my band increased to 7.

this is my case and my worry is I haven't got a reply from 2 universities I applied whose minimum criterion was 6 in each band. But my friend with almost same grades as mine and same major got an offer from that univ.what worries me is the fact that they might be having difficulty in making a decision if they have not checked my NEW SCORE. what should I do in this case?

should I wirite a mail stating i have got an increase or wait until their final decision for another couple of months?........really confused
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by karun)
I applied to universities a month before and being an international student i gave my IELTS exam nearly 2 months back.I initially got an overall of 7.5 bands with a disappointing 5.5 band in writing section so I gave my IELTS writing for reassessment. I gave my TRF number in UCAS as I was pretty sure I would get an increase.After 2 months of applying for recheck i got my my band increased to 7.

this is my case and my worry is I haven't got a reply from 2 universities I applied whose minimum criterion was 6 in each band. But my friend with almost same grades as mine and same major got an offer from that univ.what worries me is the fact that they might be having difficulty in making a decision if they have not checked my NEW SCORE. what should I do in this case?

should I wirite a mail stating i have got an increase or wait until their final decision for another couple of months?........really confused
If they don't know that you've resat and got an increased score, then they can only make decisions based on your old score. Once they have rejected you, there's usually no changing their mind. So, it's important to let them know. Ring UCAS and tell them asap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads