Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have just applied to do a degree in Mchem and my a levels where chemistry maths and biology. After doing my first year in A levels I realised how interested I am in chemistry and physics. I enjoy chemistry a lot and i am really passionate about it but sometimes I think I would also enjoy physics. If I did a Mchem and decided at the end that I actually think I would like to do physics (which by the end i most likely wont) would i be able to do a masters in physics in 1 year? I dont have physics a level but can i still apply? or would it be better to try and apply for a PhD in physics? I am really confused about what science discipline I want to enter but out of chem and physics only chemistry is the option open to me right now any help is much appreciated! thankyou btw I am just about to take my a2's and my grades are predicted A*A*A if this helps at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine a switch into a discipline the the vein of chemical physics would be possible, however I'm not sure how easy it would be to go into a physics masters with a chemistry degree, you'd be missing a lot of material.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 19, 2013

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.