Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically the title - I'm trying to work out which college to apply to, and I want to know if Durham, like Oxbrige, offer stats for the applicants/places at each college.

If anyone knows specifics, I am applying for Natural Sciences, so I'm most interested in those.

Thank you in advance.
    Grace.

ReputationRep:
    I have not found any and trust me I have searched! You have to be accepted by the academic department prior to being considered by your chosen college. I have applied to University (Castle) but would not mind being pooled... I just want to go to Durham!! haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? So what affects whether your chosen college accepts you? (assuming the academic department as a whole already has)
    I'd like to apply to University but I want to know my gambling chances!

(thank you for responding)

ReputationRep:
    As no academic teaching happens through the college they are interested in what you can contribute to college life. Sport, music, societies blah blah blah
    They think their college is the best and therefore rightfully want the prime students for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliep9)
    As no academic teaching happens through the college they are interested in what you can contribute to college life. Sport, music, societies blah blah blah
    They think their college is the best and therefore rightfully want the prime students for it
    Oh I see! So that's really where your extra-curricular stuff comes in? Or is it like each college has a particular strength?
    Thank you so much for replying! It's next to impossible to find this stuff on the internet!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I believe so. Some colleges are renowned for sport or music... some are more traditional than others with formal, gowned dinners. They are all looking for people that will contribute beyond the lecture theatre so make sure you put info on that in. Don't go over board though!

Btw don't take my word on everything as most of it is second hand knowledge!
    Good luck with your application and check out the 'durham 2014 stalking page'
    What course are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Awh damn I want Durham. Yeah I've put in plenty of extra-curricular, so hopefully that'll be okay.
    Thanks - you too! And I will, yeah. I'm applying for Natural Sciences, but within that Chemistry & Maths. You?

ReputationRep:
    International relations

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool! Good luck with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace_14)
    Basically the title - I'm trying to work out which college to apply to, and I want to know if Durham, like Oxbrige, offer stats for the applicants/places at each college.

If anyone knows specifics, I am applying for Natural Sciences, so I'm most interested in those.

Thank you in advance.
    Grace.
    Are you still looking for these stats? My FAQ links to a source, and I drew up an example table from one year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

ReputationRep:
    That was great - thank you!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.