Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So, I sent my application and evidence in in September and now upon logging in I was asked to provide my bank details for a maintenance loan (which I neither asked nor even applied for - provided them anyways) and I was also asked for my National Insurance Number. So, I googled that as I have never heard of that before and called HMRC. They told me Student Finance would apply for a number on my behalf.

    My questions are:
    Really? Why am I asked for my NINO if Student Finance actually applies for one for me anyways?
    How do I get this number now to complete the form and finally get the money before the first installment is due and I'll be kicked of Uni or have to pay a fine for delayed payment.
    Also - after I provide the NINO how long will it take SF to pay the money to my uni?

    Thank you,
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

    Can you please confirm if you have applied for funding as an EU student?

    If so, can you please advise if you applied for funding as a Migrant Worker?


University open days

  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.