British Mum can't afford to live off £2000 per month Watch

Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Are people in the wrong to have many children if they cannot afford to look after them?

2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course they are, that's ridiculous.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This makes me so angry.

I do not want to pay for your children when I can't afford to have my own (without claiming benefits).

That is all.
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's absolutely pathetic. Why have they a huge family and didn't prepare for the worst case scenario, living on benefits? We'd all love to get £2000 a month, what a ****ing selfish bint.
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't have kids if you can't afford them!!
Alltimesarah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where is the dad? (Or dads)

Posted from TSR Mobile
finnthehuman
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have quite a large family, 5 siblings, however my dad works a lot and we own are own house and have quite a bit of spending money and we have stability. But having so many children without being self-sufficient isn't really that clever.
mimi112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alltimesarah)
Where is the dad? (Or dads)

Posted from TSR Mobile

knocking up other women. don't you just love the female sexual liberation? best thing ever to happen to men.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It's still beyond me why anyone would have more children than they could look after. I'm sure it's child abuse to some extent.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sterilise it.

People should be afraid of having kids. I wish they were.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
It's still beyond me why anyone would have more children than they could look after. I'm sure it's child abuse to some extent.
OK that's pushing it a bit, but yeah I don't understand people having large families if they were born in the UK
Manitude
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Given that I spend a tenth of that a month on food and leisure (and I easily eat twice as much as a child would) it doesn't figure.
On one hand I don't need to buy new school uniform every year as I've pretty much stopped growing, and I don't have to buy christmas/birthday presents for many children.
On the other hand more than half what I spend is on leisure and I eat pretty well (I could easily half what I spend on food and still survive, just not as healthily).
IllmaticDragon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with the calls to sterilise it. We need to sterilise anybody like this.

As a side bonus these people probably aren't benefitting the gene pool immensely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ooerr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I find it really depressing that we pay for people to literally have as many kids as they want. A lot of people think it is a "right" to have a child just because we are biologically made to do so, but it is not a right to claim benefits to support that child, it's a privilege.

Just a point I was thinking about the other day; the minimum wage for a 16 year old (who is legally "allowed" to have sex, hence "allowed" to have a baby) is £3.72. And yet, it is widely acknowledged that minimum wage for 21+ (£6.31) is not enough to provide a decent standard of living for one person, never mind two. It is practically inevitable that the state is going to have to provide benefits for any parent under 21.

Why does the government leave itself open to this blatant exploitation of the welfare system? Why don't they do something to stop people having kids as and when they feel like it? Why do people not have the logical thinking of "can I afford to support myself and a child? No, so I won't have a baby."? Do people care so little for theirs and their child's lives that they don't care whether they can afford it or not?

Sorry for the (kind of) off-topic rant, but I thought it pointless to start another thread about this when this one is almost the same topic, and I really wanted to hear people's views on the "have as many kids as you want, it doesn't matter that you've got no money" culture.
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd love to take that woman on a tour of Somalia. That would embarrass her.
TheRedPineapple
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If one cannot provide for their child, they should not bring them into the world I guess. Okay, maybe one child then but not many.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Alfissti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She had £32k per year in benefits and now it becomes £2k per month due to the benefit cap.

She hasn't worked for 20 years and is 38 years old. This is why we need to bring back a purely contributory benefit system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-homeless.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/406...-month-welfare

Goddamn scroungers.
Extremotroph
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by frogs r everywhere)
That comment was just unacceptable. I do not understand why her children are to blame, they haven't exactly done anything to deserve such an insult.
So, in this present situation, should they or should they not be entitled to live off the state? I stand by my well thought resolution to this problem.
Al-Mudaari
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like people prefer their taxes to go towards killing humans in wars, rather than protecting and nurturing them.

Why not have a hissy fit over the UK's foreign policy, where billions if not millions are being wasted [Not to mention you may end up really paying for it in the future]? What's £2k in a rare instance of a large family compared to that?

Nothing wrong with having children, if someone wishes to do so, they shouldn't be stopped. This isn't China.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (133)
24.91%
The paper was reasonable (236)
44.19%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.1%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.8%

Watched Threads