Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
What example are people using for a monopoly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 421
Original post by Cone
What example are people using for a monopoly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sky has more than 40% market share in TV (dominant), and is the only provider of satellite TV (due to horizontal integration with BSB).
Original post by faithiskey
I used it in my mock with the june 2013 paper and got 88% so i might just stick to what i know if a question like that comes up again :yes:

hey, are cinema's both oligopoly - Cineworld, Vue, Odeon etc and monopolistic competition (or is it perfect competition?) for small 'art' houses cinemas (1/2)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi could anyone please tell me what diagram you draw for increased labour market flexibility? Thanks!
Are monopsony's and trade unions examples of labour market failures?

Also cinema I would use for an oligopoly question as it shares the most characteristics with that.
Original post by ThePrawn
Are monopsony's and trade unions examples of labour market failures?

Also cinema I would use for an oligopoly question as it shares the most characteristics with that.

but if you have to evaluate oligopoly, giving reasons why it may not be an oligopoly, what other market would it fit into?
Original post by kosky101
Hi could anyone please tell me what diagram you draw for increased labour market flexibility? Thanks!

Just a supply and demand with the supply becoming more elastic
Original post by dowen123
but if you have to evaluate oligopoly, giving reasons why it may not be an oligopoly, what other market would it fit into?

Could be monopolistically competitive because there are lots of cinema firms or could be a monopoly because Odeon has 25% of market share
Original post by Shepherd_9
Could be monopolistically competitive because there are lots of cinema firms or could be a monopoly because Odeon has 25% of market share

thanks :smile:, could you tell me the different market shares for the highly concentrated cinema's like Cineworld, Vue.. if you can please?
What is the definition of labour market failure?
Reply 430
Original post by KateEmma23

Labour Market Failure occurs when supply and demand don’t result in an efficient allocation of labour resources. This can be seen in instances where there is a either a surplus or a shortage of labour, as well as cases where workers are in the wrong jobs, workers are poorly/aren’t trained, and where wage rates are low.
Original post by dowen123
thanks :smile:, could you tell me the different market shares for the highly concentrated cinema's like Cineworld, Vue.. if you can please?

I'm not sure on all of them but i know that Vue, Odeon and Cineworld make up 62% which is the figure you'd use to talk about oligopolies
Original post by KateEmma23

Labour market failure occurs when the market forces of demand for and supply of labour fail to efficiently allocate labour resources efficiently. Types of labour market failure are; Workers being in jobs they are not best suited for, surpluses and shortages of forms of labour, wage rates above or below equilibrium and lack of training.
Anyone have a clash today thus doing the exam in the morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vonny101
Anyone have a clash today thus doing the exam in the morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they are, they won't be able to respond to you now, they'll be under supervision and not have any access to the internet.
Original post by MTennison
If they are, they won't be able to respond to you now, they'll be under supervision and not have any access to the internet.

Okay :smile: Didn't know :smile:
Original post by letsplayray
Labour market failure occurs when the market forces of demand for and supply of labour fail to efficiently allocate labour resources efficiently. Types of labour market failure are; Workers being in jobs they are not best suited for, surpluses and shortages of forms of labour, wage rates above or below equilibrium and lack of training.

Thanks
Original post by tsimms
Labour Market Failure occurs when supply and demand don’t result in an efficient allocation of labour resources. This can be seen in instances where there is a either a surplus or a shortage of labour, as well as cases where workers are in the wrong jobs, workers are poorly/aren’t trained, and where wage rates are low.

Thanks
Quick question, examples of monopolistic competition?
Reply 439
do tv broadcasters such as itv, bbc and channel 4 earn supernormal profit in the long run?

Latest

Trending

Trending