Is this Illegal? Watch

Subcutaneous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I live in a building which only has five other flats. There is a couple who live on the ground floor who have had a cctv camera installed outside their property facing in onto the shared driveway, this has been here for around 18 months. We know it's cctv as we can see the television screen it's linked too in the window when the curtains are open.

There are no signs saying it's a camera and as it's a shared building/driveway it feels a bit...worrying. My friend pointed out to me today it might be illegal as there should be signs letting us know we're being filmed, and as it's also a shared property aswell.

Anyone know where we stand on this? The couple themselves are a nightmare, very thuggish, smoke weed 24/7, no respect for anyone else, I got told off once for not answering the door (buzzer rang once) but I was on night shifts and we're waiting to find something to complain to the landlord about!!!
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think there are any laws regarding CCTV on your own property - maybe the Data Protection Act applies but I am not sure if that would be relevant on private land. I would suggest talking to your landlord.
bakergirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know about the legal side, but maybe report it to your landlord and see what he/she says? They may be able to clarify about whether it is legal or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (256)
32.12%
The paper was reasonable (389)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (90)
11.29%
It was TERRIBLE (62)
7.78%

Watched Threads