Thrush but no symptoms? Watch

Robean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I had a routine STI check, not because I suspected any infection but because I am having a coil fitted soon!

I've had the results texted to me, and I have apparently tested positive for thrush. I've had no obvious symptoms though really, maybe a bit of discharge but no itching or anything like that! I guess I need to get it treated though before I get my coil!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coke Or Pepsi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's quite common to not actually have symptoms of it - they may have caught it early before it had become further developed and more annoying. Nothing to worry about.

(Original post by Robean)
So I had a routine STI check, not because I suspected any infection but because I am having a coil fitted soon!

I've had the results texted to me, and I have apparently tested positive for thrush. I've had no obvious symptoms though really, maybe a bit of discharge but no itching or anything like that! I guess I need to get it treated though before I get my coil!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robean
Rep:
?
Thanks, I was mostly concerned it would affect my coil fitting next week, but I phoned them today and they said its fine, and that if I'm not experiencing any symptoms I don't need any treatment
diamondsky99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's quite common (I seem to remember about 20%) for women to have candida (the yeast that causes thrush) but to not have any symptoms. Don't worry about it unless you start developing any symptoms!
rachiriot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can get Thrush because of loads of different things, like using strong/scented soap when washing! It's nothing to worry about, if you go to Boots you can buy Canesten Duo for about a tenner, it's a tablet, take it once and it's all gone! You also get a cream with it, but it's a bit pointless! Also, have a look out for Boots own version, it does exactly the same and it's a few quid cheaper!
Robean
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone I know thrush is common, I was just a bit confused that I hadn't had any symptoms! The lady at the sexual health said not to worry unless I have symptoms as it is very common, and I can still have my coil regardless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get a tablet for it, you don't have to buy canseten... its ridiculously expensive. Go to an independent chemist and ask for an off brand thrush tablet. It will clear the infection within a few days.

I would suggest you do this before the coil fitting. I didn't get any positive results in my pre coil swabs but I did get my first (symptomatic) bout of thrush shortly after mine was fitted and I've been somewhat prone to it since (I've had it both times I've been on antibiotics since and also once or twice when I was ill and stressed) Doing a bit of research, the coil can make you a bit more prone to thrush as the candida fungus can cling to the strings (from what I understood) Get it cleared with a tablet before the fitting so it doesn't flare up after.
Robean
Rep:
?
I was thinking about that, thank you I think I will buy some treatment tomorrow to be on the safe side! After doing a bit of research I think I have been experiencing some mild symptoms that I didn't realise were thrush symptoms anyway, and I always thought thrush was very uncomfortable and I would know if I had it! Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was thinking about that, thank you I think I will buy some treatment tomorrow to be on the safe side! After doing a bit of research I think I have been experiencing some mild symptoms that I didn't realise were thrush symptoms anyway, and I always thought thrush was very uncomfortable and I would know if I had it! Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
It can be uncomfortable... its given me sores before. Peeing stung like hell if the sores were in an unfortunate place... but its not always bad and people react differently.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. Interesting story indeed.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rachiriot)
You can get Thrush because of loads of different things, like using strong/scented soap when washing! It's nothing to worry about, if you go to Boots you can buy Canesten Duo for about a tenner, it's a tablet, take it once and it's all gone! You also get a cream with it, but it's a bit pointless! Also, have a look out for Boots own version, it does exactly the same and it's a few quid cheaper!
Wow. Silver bullet.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
It can be uncomfortable... its given me sores before. Peeing stung like hell if the sores were in an unfortunate place... but its not always bad and people react differently.
Yes. People certainly do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads