Biology/Chem Controlled Assessments Watch

callmemorbid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have my AS controlled assessments coming up soon as have heard about how easy it is to get low marks, and that there isnt a massive gap between each grade. What could I do for preparation/practise? My teacher said we cant do anything to prepare
Neevan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're doing OCR A in AS then we really can't do anything. Chemistry is titration and i'm pretty sure you don't have the set to do it, so learn as much as you can when you do the practice. And learn the titration calculations.
And biology, it's full of rubbish practical and you certainly can't practice that except the quantitative one. The quantitative one is where you draw a tissue at low and high power magnification looking through a light microscope. And biology practicals are just pointless. But you can get good marks if you follow the steps and in some cases you can get easy marks for eg. 1 mark for safety (so for putting your goggles on)

Hope i was some help
callmemorbid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Neevan)
If you're doing OCR A in AS then we really can't do anything. Chemistry is titration and i'm pretty sure you don't have the set to do it, so learn as much as you can when you do the practice. And learn the titration calculations.
And biology, it's full of rubbish practical and you certainly can't practice that except the quantitative one. The quantitative one is where you draw a tissue at low and high power magnification looking through a light microscope. And biology practicals are just pointless. But you can get good marks if you follow the steps and in some cases you can get easy marks for eg. 1 mark for safety (so for putting your goggles on)

Hope i was some help
thank you! so is the controlled assessment the same every year then?
Neevan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by callmemorbid)
thank you! so is the controlled assessment the same every year then?
Think so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads