Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17. I very very rarely go out or do anything with my friends. I've never had a girlfriend. I've never had a job. I don't do any clubs. I dislike most of my family. Almost all the times my friends go out and do stuff I don't come along because I feel like I'm not welcome / not accepted / not liked / not invited which ends up making that even worse. I've only been out with my friends about twice in the last 2 or 3 years. There are girls that I am friends with but I have never had the confidence to ask any of them out.

I know there are probably people out there in the world that have far worse issues then me, but it just feels like I'm a loser since everyone I see has girlfriends, is constantly going out with friends and going to parties and I'm 17 and just basically sitting at home wasting my life away every day after college and every holiday. It just feels like I have no life which makes me have 2 or 3 hour breakdowns every few weeks where I just think about how much of a loser I am and want to die.

I probably sound pretty pathetic saying all this but I've never really talked to anyone about any of these things and just feel like I'm going to be a loser for ever and never have a life.

How do I fix any of these problems? It feels like it would make almost no difference to the world if I was alive or dead.

Sorry, 1st world problems I guess, but I just feel like saying them out loud.

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    How comes you dislike most of your family?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nepeneptune)
    hey!
    How comes you dislike most of your family?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I know it could be far worse, but my Father is constantly rude to my Mum, is a racist, extreme sexist and homophobe and is generally a pretty selfish and almost Everyone on his side of the family is similar to him, so I pretty much despise his part of the family.

ReputationRep:
    First you need to figure out how to make yourself a better you, internet folk can't help you. When you've figured that out, build towards it with a view towards the escape of university. Then you can be your you and forget your a level years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -TheSpecialOne-)
    First you need to figure out how to make yourself a better you, internet folk can't help you. When you've figured that out, build towards it with a view towards the escape of university. Then you can be your you and forget your a level years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you're probably right. Think it's time to make a new account.

ReputationRep:
    You need to put yourself out there, start talking to more people. Why don't you go out with your friends, what's the reason? Maybe you should start. You can't just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, you need to be the one to change your life.

ReputationRep:
    Do what makes you feel happy. In time you will find someone who likes doing whatever it is you found to do, in which case you can continue doing whatever it was that you found to do, whilst doing them.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Similar here however it doesn't get me down. I don't care for it much now because i thought to myself.

So what they have a girlfirend/boyfriend at this age. Do you really think they'll be together in 10 years time? 50Years time? Nope. It's just something people do because they think that is normal and see a couple of other people do it. Then it spirals and everyone seemingly has a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Then to friends...I "hang" out with certain people at college but they aren't really my friends. I just know them quite well. However I know that i'm someone who likes computers and "the internet" so I made friends to people over the internet. We have a skype group chat constantly running. We all know each other so well we trust eac hother with advice on what to buy and play games together like a clan but more of friendship/community thing. If you get into what you like you'll find people.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.