Getting English Language Watch

Bobski7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys atm I am terribly worried about getting my English. It is like the only thing I am finding hard to nail. I did an exam in Nov and results will come late Feb. If I don't pass what board would you suggest me to do ? Final Question my class retook some control assessments which I improved in but I think the exam worse than the one I did before ( got a D in it) could I take the better exam and the improved controlled assessment?

PLEASE HELP ME I AM STRESSING OUT I want to be Pilot!
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bobski7)
Hi guys atm I am terribly worried about getting my English. It is like the only thing I am finding hard to nail. I did an exam in Nov and results will come late Feb. If I don't pass what board would you suggest me to do ? Final Question my class retook some control assessments which I improved in but I think the exam worse than the one I did before ( got a D in it) could I take the better exam and the improved controlled assessment?

PLEASE HELP ME I AM STRESSING OUT I want to be Pilot!
Everyone stresses after a exam, unless u know u did that bad. But yeah i did AQA which is pretty good but the thing is all exam board do the same exams for english pretty much theres no way of getting out of it. If your with Edexcel i believe u keep the better grade while if its AQA u lose the first mark and keep the second grade however bad it is. Also you can't retake controlled assessments or everyone would do it ! lol
Oh by the way if u upped ur controlled assessments you will gain more marks which could help ur overall grade.
Bobski7
Rep:
?
I did AQA but my teacher said better one counts can anyone give an answer for sur but hopefully i will be ok
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bobski7)
I did AQA but my teacher said better one counts can anyone give an answer for sur but hopefully i will be ok
Oh right we were told 2nd one counts im going to research lol
skuka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ask your teachers for past papers on the exams you're sitting that performed well, and note the techniques they used. For example, I did an English Language exam where we had to note the paralinguistic and linguistic features of someone. To ensure an A* you have to use good terminology, use the cause and effect and what it implies.

Usually you're allowed to bring in 1 A4 sheet with notes on it. I find it useful to write down the spellings that I find difficult and then do bullet points on what I want to include in each paragraph. Hope I helped
Bobski7
Rep:
?
Usually you're allowed to bring in 1 A4 sheet with notes on it. I find it useful to write down the spellings that I find difficult and then do bullet points on what I want to include in each paragraph. Hope I helped [/QUOTE]

What exam board did you do and how hard was it?
Bobski7
Rep:
?
bump
Bobski7
Rep:
?
bump!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed