Work at 15? Watch

staticas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm 15, and my birthday isn't until May, but all of my friends have had their birthdays and are working or looking for jobs, and I want to work too I have no money whilst they all do! Do any employers take on 15 year olds? The boots website said they did but I went in store and they told me it's 16, I heard WH Smiths do too. I live pretty close to a small retail park /food court where there's a KFC, Subway, Domino's, Costa Coffee, and a Greggs (from the top of my head) so if you know that any of those do that would be helpful also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JPL9457
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
paperround! get one now, then get christmas tips, then quit. simples
TheNorthStar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by staticas)
I'm 15, and my birthday isn't until May, but all of my friends have had their birthdays and are working or looking for jobs, and I want to work too I have no money whilst they all do! Do any employers take on 15 year olds? The boots website said they did but I went in store and they told me it's 16, I heard WH Smiths do too. I live pretty close to a small retail park /food court where there's a KFC, Subway, Domino's, Costa Coffee, and a Greggs (from the top of my head) so if you know that any of those do that would be helpful also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
avoid chain stores and go for independent businesses. chain stores (costa mcdonalds etc) usually demand a national insurance number for the paperwork which you won't get until May. beware of cash in hand jobs (you may not be put on a payroll due to lack of n.i. Number) but you don't have to avoid them all together. It just means the boss prob isn't putting your tax though - he'd get in trouble for this though not you (usually). There's no national minimum wage so don't expect too much but you might get lucky. My first job was as 15 for £3 an hour. it was at a restaurant though so I got tips to make it up. Good luck.
Smartcook
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most, if not all major companies 'refuse' to hire under school leaving age (16). Best bet is to check independent stores/cafés/restaurants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (104)
19.05%
The paper was reasonable (274)
50.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
19.96%
It was TERRIBLE (59)
10.81%

Watched Threads