A Levels for Law Degree Watch

m0hd_J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,
I am in year 11 and will be choosing my A Levels very soon. As you can probably guess from the title, i want to do a law degree at a Russel Group uni (e.g. UCL, LSE etc.) therefore i know that the subjects i choose for A Levels are extremely important.
I am caught in two minds, as i want to do a range of subjects but can only pick 4 (which is probably enough!). So far, the only definite subject choices i have made are those which entail me studying History and Mathematics. After these two subjects i am caught in two minds, as i am not sure whether to study Chemistry and Physics or replace one of these subjects with English Literature. All three subjects are 'facilitating' subjects, so i am not worried about how highly regarded each individual subject is. I am interested in both Physics and Chemistry, and also English Literature, so i need advice on which two subjects to study out of these 3.
Thanks for reading and thanks in advance to any future responses.
Xabier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your level of interest in physics, chemistry and English literature is the same, choose the two you are best at/know you will get a good grade in.
cathrg26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by m0hd_J)
Hi everyone,
I am in year 11 and will be choosing my A Levels very soon. As you can probably guess from the title, i want to do a law degree at a Russel Group uni (e.g. UCL, LSE etc.) therefore i know that the subjects i choose for A Levels are extremely important.
I am caught in two minds, as i want to do a range of subjects but can only pick 4 (which is probably enough!). So far, the only definite subject choices i have made are those which entail me studying History and Mathematics. After these two subjects i am caught in two minds, as i am not sure whether to study Chemistry and Physics or replace one of these subjects with English Literature. All three subjects are 'facilitating' subjects, so i am not worried about how highly regarded each individual subject is. I am interested in both Physics and Chemistry, and also English Literature, so i need advice on which two subjects to study out of these 3.
Thanks for reading and thanks in advance to any future responses.
Have you thought about a language/economics/RS as an A level? If it was me personally, I would choose Maths, History, Econ, RS. Out of the 3 you're unsure of, Eng Lit may help with essay writing more, and then I would choose the one you enjoy most out of physics/chem. Also, don't rule out law conversion courses. A couple of people from my year are going to go into law later, but have chosen to do a law conversion course, as apparently it "shows a wider interest". One of them has applied to read English, and the other one Politics and History
cookiecrumblexx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
English literature would be more beneficial for a law degree as it teaches you how to analysis which is an invaluable skill when it comes to court cases and interpretations. Also the job of a lawyer requires a lot of writing up evidence and paper work making the skill of essay writing extremely important
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (1)
11.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
11.11%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
44.44%

Watched Threads