Self Boosting Watch

squarecoffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi this is my first post

I'm in year 11 and am hoping to become an engineer
i'm a b/c in maths and need a B overall in maths just wondering if anyone knows how to self boost up .

I'm happy with my physics i'm an A at the mo ,so that's fine but any help with the maths would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Squarecoffee
Bobmarley22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just keep revising and ask the teacher if there is something you are not sure about because I am sure that if you are willing to work hard for the grade then I am sure they will help you to improve, maybe ask the teacher where your weaknesses are so that you could work on them, also try playing some revision games although they may sound childish they are actually quite good at reminding and refreshing yourself on how to do that particular subject in maths.
lucas13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
just try to practice questions as much as poss
squarecoffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Bobmarley22)
Just keep revising and ask the teacher if there is something you are not sure about because I am sure that if you are willing to work hard for the grade then I am sure they will help you to improve, maybe ask the teacher where your weaknesses are so that you could work on them, also try playing some revision games although they may sound childish they are actually quite good at reminding and refreshing yourself on how to do that particular subject in maths.

Ok ,thanks
I'm really freaking out over whether i will achieve my b :/
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are tons of past papers online, as well as practice papers made by several companies that your maths department probably subscribes to. The real trick to GCSE Maths is, unfortunately, to practice as much as you possibly can. It's very boring, but it works.
tory88
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Past papers, past papers and more past papers. Do a paper all the way through, mark it and redo any questions you got wrong. Do every paper you can get your hands on. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
j.lee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by squarecoffee)
Ok ,thanks
I'm really freaking out over whether i will achieve my b :/
Has anyone used this dude's guide before... www.passgcsemaths.com

He's saying if you don't achieve the grade you want, he will give you all your money back?

It does sound very tempting :confused:...
benclarky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
past papers, i had a mock the other day and i have been revising for a week with a few past papers. Went from B to an A so it really does work!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
23%
The paper was reasonable (429)
44.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.11%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise