do I need help? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I went to the doctors and complained about my throat which has been a problem for about 2 years?maybe more.. they said it was anxiety and I agree but what do I do? I have 1 friend that I actually talk to properly and im not close to anyone and feel soo self conscious around everyone..recently ive been faking ill at college because I hate the human interaction. I guess the question is not do I need help but actually what help do I need??? thanks for reading guys.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bumping as this took a while to be approved
CasualSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I went to the doctors and complained about my throat which has been a problem for about 2 years?maybe more.. they said it was anxiety and I agree but what do I do? I have 1 friend that I actually talk to properly and im not close to anyone and feel soo self conscious around everyone..recently ive been faking ill at college because I hate the human interaction. I guess the question is not do I need help but actually what help do I need??? thanks for reading guys.
Did the doctor say anything about referring you to a psychologist. I imagine the psychologist would offer cognitive behavioural therapy in which you could talk about the causes of the anxiety, how it makes you feel, and explore the situations which trigger it. They would also try to show you ways of managing it and controlling your mindset when you start feeling anxious. I think this type of help would be beneficial. There are also medications which you could be prescribed.

Sorry I can;t be of more help, hopefully more people will comment. If I was you thought I would probably go back to the same doctor and ask if you could be referred to a psychologist or if there are any other support groups which could help overcome the anxiety.
A future Midwife
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try to continue going to college, you'll get stressed if you miss loads! And keep talking to your friend, it always helps to talk even if you don't think it does at the time! What did the doctor say?
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sure other people have already said this but you should talk to the doctor about your social anxiety disorder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
30.19%
The paper was reasonable (252)
40.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
17.41%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
12.14%

Watched Threads