Profile Evaluation for LSE/Imperial Watch

PZamp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

Im interested in making an app for Imperial MSc Finance and LSE finance and economics. If anyone could give me comments on whether or not I'd have a chance based on my profile below, it would be much appreciated.

My profile is basically as follows:

2.1 Accounting and Finance from University of Bath

1 year work experience at KPMG audit, (previously 6 weeks summer internship at pwc risk assurance)

CFA level 1 and 2 complete - registered for lvl 3 in June 2014.

GMAT score 710 (48 Q, 40 V, 5 AWA, 8 IR)

Would you think this has a reasonable shot at either of the two aforementioned programs? My 2.1 is rather low (62%,), however most modules relevant to these courses (math, corp fin, econ, stats) would have been high 2.1, 1st.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
HelicopterBen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LSE tends to have a very high percentage of foreign students compared to UK students, so that might work against you a little bit. I would also consider which of the two programmes you want to take, since LSE FE is not very easy and requires a lot of maths so you should be prepared to study a lot. Your profile seems OK, you should definitely apply if you're interested.
freedomtr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HelicopterBen)
LSE tends to have a very high percentage of foreign students compared to UK students, so that might work against you a little bit. I would also consider which of the two programmes you want to take, since LSE FE is not very easy and requires a lot of maths so you should be prepared to study a lot. Your profile seems OK, you should definitely apply if you're interested.
what do you think about GMAT score 620 (49 Q, 26 V, 4.5 AWA, 4 IR) and 3.6 GPA for LSE?
HelicopterBen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To be honest it seems low. You can have a look at the programme you're interested in, they usually give current class profile on the website so you can see range and median for GMAT. If you have really impressive background then maybe but I think generally the range is 650-750.
Observatory
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The key criteria for both these degrees is possession of £30-40k that you don't mind punting.
rookie1983
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i there,

I am an international stiudent. Want to pursue Masters in Finance in UK. Final aim is to break into ibank segment in London. Have 5 + years of work ex in bank(Trade Finance)

Do I stand any chance in Imperial College London, LSE , LBS?

I have an offer from Strathclyde and Durham but am not sure abt the repute?

Please help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (52)
14.33%
The paper was reasonable (182)
50.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
24.24%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
11.29%

Watched Threads