Selling My Laptop On eBay (Postage) Watch

YouthAVFC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm going to be selling my laptop on eBay in the coming days, Obviously it's a very expensive item. I'm just curious to see what people think is the best way to send it off? the safest/cheapest way..
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you can shirt out the packaging ahead of time, so you know the size and weight of the whole package ready to post, royal mails website has a calculator for the cost. The safest way to send it would be special delivery as it includes insurance for if the item gets lost or damaged in transit. It won't be cheap, but make sure you have a very close figure to go by before you list it so the delivery charges will be accurate.
tooosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will get ripped off for special delivery for a package. Send it via a middleman to courier. parcel2go are the only ones I've found who don't prohibit laptops (even though they don't offer insurance for them, proper couriers are insanely unlikely to lose or damage the package).

Hunt around.

I sent off my old laptop in a rather large box for about £13 (UPS on parcel2go).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads