Is anyone else surprised by how much people eat at university? Watch

rac1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I eat three meals a day and have some not so healthy snacks throughout the day, but pretty much everyone around me eats loads more e.g. curry at 9:30pm and they've already had dinner. What's more they don't seem to be putting much weight on
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most students can't budget themselves properly to eat loads. I didn't think I was eating that healthily here, but I lost nearly a stone in 6 weeks ! I was/am still eating biscuits and some pizzas, but I think its because my dads cooking is sooo unhealthy that an average diet is enough to make a difference. We hardly ever had takeaways at home, but he would always put loads of butter/sugar/cheese/cream/salt in his cooking which would be fried or roasted half the time. Mum reckons she put on a couple of stone after moving in with him ! I was lucky, when my dad visited, he brought me £100 of food, but all the fresh stuff soon got eaten, so I have had to buy my own fruit/veg/meat/dairy still. Plus due to limited fridge/freezer space he couldn't buy me that much of it in the first place.
Alextyler7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rac1)
What's more they don't seem to be putting much weight on
Because they also perform physical activities. However, if people working in offices start eating too much, they will gain weight, as they have to sit on the chair all the day.
rac1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by nic-nac)
Most students can't budget themselves properly to eat loads. I didn't think I was eating that healthily here, but I lost nearly a stone in 6 weeks ! I was/am still eating biscuits and some pizzas, but I think its because my dads cooking is sooo unhealthy that an average diet is enough to make a difference. We hardly ever had takeaways at home, but he would always put loads of butter/sugar/cheese/cream/salt in his cooking which would be fried or roasted half the time. Mum reckons she put on a couple of stone after moving in with him ! I was lucky, when my dad visited, he brought me £100 of food, but all the fresh stuff soon got eaten, so I have had to buy my own fruit/veg/meat/dairy still. Plus due to limited fridge/freezer space he couldn't buy me that much of it in the first place.
That makes sense. So nice of your dad!

(Original post by Alextyler7)
Because they also perform physical activities. However, if people working in offices start eating too much, they will gain weight, as they have to sit on the chair all the day.
Well, I didn't think it was enough movement to warrant it that's all.
nic-nac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rac1)
That makes sense. So nice of your dad!

I showed him my virtually empty cupboard, fridge shelf and freezer and he took me shopping. I think he was expecting to get a few things, but yeah he spent £100. Luckily it was my dad that visited and not my mum. I'd made a list but as we were going round he was asking if I wanted this and that aswell. And anything that I did want he pilled into the trolley. Whereas my mum would ask if I really needed it and then only get a small/single pack. Looking at how much stuff I've still had to buy, I might exploit him even more next time ! The even more annoying thing about it, is the stuff that lasts that I've still got is the cheap stuff such as pasta and rice, its the meat to go with it that I need to buy myself.
infairverona
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nic-nac)
I showed him my virtually empty cupboard, fridge shelf and freezer and he took me shopping. I think he was expecting to get a few things, but yeah he spent £100. Luckily it was my dad that visited and not my mum. I'd made a list but as we were going round he was asking if I wanted this and that aswell. And anything that I did want he pilled into the trolley. Whereas my mum would ask if I really needed it and then only get a small/single pack. Looking at how much stuff I've still had to buy, I might exploit him even more next time ! The even more annoying thing about it, is the stuff that lasts that I've still got is the cheap stuff such as pasta and rice, its the meat to go with it that I need to buy myself.
Quorn is cheaper if you like it?
nic-nac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by infairverona)
Quorn is cheaper if you like it?
How much protein is in quorn though ? I'm prone to anaemia so need the iron/protein.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (414)
18.63%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads