Year 11 stressed about what to do next! Watch

Deat1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am in year 11 and pressure is being put onto us to apply for colleges or sixth forms. My problem is - what do I do?!?!?
I am academic and capable of doing A levels, but are BTEC qualifications looked down upon any less? Would someone with A levels rather than BTEC more likely get a job? I'm not looking to go to Uni.
i really want to work in Travel & Tourism (E.g holiday rep) - so what is best for me? To stop all my stress!
erima
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey I'm in year 11 too, and yea I know the feeling

Look into the courses in detail, including the topics/modules they entail and decide which one you like the look of most! There's no point doing the one you don't like because you won't work as hard and do as well.

BTEC courses aren't regarded as high by top universities, but since you aren't interested I don't think it should matter - a distinction gets you the same amount of UCAS points as an A at a-level, and employers aren't fussed as long as you show that you have an interest in the job's field.
That's what I've been told by my school, but I'm taking a-levels anyway! :p:D
Flying Duck
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're wanting to work in the travel industry then a vocational course along with some work experience/ voluntary work in a similar area would probably be the best.

If you want to work as a rep then having a grasp of foreign languages, the ability to work under pressure, and problem solving skills are all important. Customer service skills are also vital. Concentrate on how you will be able to get these skills & abilities as in the end they will make the difference as to you getting and being good at the job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (4)
40%
The paper was reasonable (1)
10%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
10%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
40%

Watched Threads