How do I burn abdominal fat? Watch

x.BlueEyedGirl.x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was wondering if it was possible to burn belly fat in about a month-especially lower belly fat. I have an inch of fat to lose before I can start tofeel somewhat happy with my figure but I really don’t know how to! My mainproblem is that I built up muscle but it’s not visible because it’s hiddenunder this random layer of fat! Please give me advice on how to get rid of it!
I eat healthily: healthy/balanced meals, fruit, veg, brown bread,reduced carbs, plenty of protein and I drink water.
I am joining the gym in a couple of weeks so that I will be able to dosome cardio exercise instead of doing 200 star jumps and leg lifts at home eachday.
Is there anything I can do to get rid of it quickly? Any exercises that I cando at home or specific foods that I can eat?
Please help me! I’m actually close to being able to accept my body shape andany help would be appreciated. Web links, personal experiences, anything!THANK-YOU!

Oh,and will running BURN THIGH FAT?? ...thanks
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by x.BlueEyedGirl.x)
I was wondering if it was possible to burn belly fat in about a month-especially lower belly fat. I have an inch of fat to lose before I can start tofeel somewhat happy with my figure but I really don’t know how to! My mainproblem is that I built up muscle but it’s not visible because it’s hiddenunder this random layer of fat! Please give me advice on how to get rid of it!
I eat healthily: healthy/balanced meals, fruit, veg, brown bread,reduced carbs, plenty of protein and I drink water.
I am joining the gym in a couple of weeks so that I will be able to dosome cardio exercise instead of doing 200 star jumps and leg lifts at home eachday.
Is there anything I can do to get rid of it quickly? Any exercises that I cando at home or specific foods that I can eat?
Please help me! I’m actually close to being able to accept my body shape andany help would be appreciated. Web links, personal experiences, anything!THANK-YOU!

Oh,and will running BURN THIGH FAT?? ...thanks
Unfortunately, there's no way that you can lose fat from one specific area. You can't choose to lose fat from just your legs, or just your belly. It's a "whole body" process, if you like. The only way you're going to get rid of belly fat is just generally losing weight overall. A low calorie diet is what you're after - and this is actually the most important part of the whole process! We've got lots of information in our FAQ about this, so you should go give that a read.

As for exercises, tbh, anything you enjoy will do. Swimming, running, weight lifting, whatever you want. They're all conducive to weight loss. The point of exercise is to burn more calories, so that you can eat - for example - 1600 calories in a day, and then burn 200 through cardio, instead of having to eat just 1400 a day. Anything that gets you active (the sweatier you get, the better ) and moving around will burn calories. So just find something that works for you that you can stick with.

If weight lifting takes your fancy, have a look at the FAQ in the main fitness forum. If running is your thing, the couch to 5k programme is great for beginners.
Nvmthename
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will burn fat all over on a calorie deficit and can not reduce fat in a specific area, doing weighted exercises or body weight movements may make you look fatter as the muscle behind the tissue grows and pushes it forward.

However dont be discouraged by weight training, bigger and more efficient muscles need more energy so in turn it helps sustain a low body fat % and as a female you will not look bulky.

Aim for 1lb weightloss a week untill you reach 20% body fat with interval training and calorie supervision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheSK00T3R
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One thing: Calorific deficit.
If you burn more than you eat, you will lose weight, whether its on your belly or your toe.
Personally, I do mountain biking, kickboxing and go to the gym weekly. If I cut down my eating by one meal a day, my weight drops like an anchor. Unfortunately I'm not very good at sustaining it because exercise make me feel hungry.
In general, do any exercise, and decrease the amount of food you eat. It's hard at first, but it becomes habit eventually.
E.g. join a running club, start cycling to school/work, spinning classes at the local gym etc. It's a lot easier to do excercise when your with a club I find.
As for food, your diet sounds healthy. I would recommend cutting evening eating, because the stuff you eat then tends to be most likely to get stored. Chew gum to put off apetite. Cram your stomach full of fruit and veg adn water rather than energy rich foods (dont overeat though).
Hope it helps!
Nvmthename
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chewing gum makes you hungry as your body anticipates food and cutting down the numbr of meals you have isn't healthy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Henry_Tudor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will need:

1x pack of matchs
1x body of fat
50ml of Petrol
A hell of al ot of courage

let it burn-it's the quickest most effective way to burn fat!

DISCLAIMER: Do not try this.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Henry_Tudor)
You will need:

1x pack of matchs
1x body of fat
50ml of Petrol
A **** load of courage

Pretty sure there are quite a few people on TSR who would actually do this...
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Calorie count. Reduce the amount of calories you're currently consuming and then burn some via cardio and you should be able to drop an inch within a month.

When I burn 7000 a week, I lose an inch every 3-4 weeks but I'm already at a pretty low weight. The time it takes will depend on your current weight and if you're doing the right things.
Bale90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can't spot reduce fat, or so I'm told. Just do lots of cardio and cut down on your carbs.
Alextyler7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Henry_Tudor)
You will need:

1x pack of matchs
1x body of fat
50ml of Petrol
A hell of al ot of courage

DISCLAIMER: Do not try this.
hahaha nice suggestion.
Alicerosecarter
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lift heavy, high intensity cardio and overal good diet. Don't calorie count, macro count, so aim for like 30 g of fats, 150 g of fat and 150 g of protein. Watch your body tone up immediately and DRINK LOADS OF WATER. no safer way to do it!
JT14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Diet is key for abs, and hard work in the gym, you can find some nutritional tips that can help you here http://www.smarterhealthandfitness.c.../Nutrition.php
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Am proud of this site that the first ten responses were all good.

No one saying to do situps etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Unfortunately, there's no way that you can lose fat from one specific area. You can't choose to lose fat from just your legs, or just your belly. It's a "whole body" process, if you like. The only way you're going to get rid of belly fat is just generally losing weight overall. A low calorie diet is what you're after - and this is actually the most important part of the whole process! We've got lots of information in our FAQ about this, so you should go give that a read.

As for exercises, tbh, anything you enjoy will do. Swimming, running, weight lifting, whatever you want. They're all conducive to weight loss. The point of exercise is to burn more calories, so that you can eat - for example - 1600 calories in a day, and then burn 200 through cardio, instead of having to eat just 1400 a day. Anything that gets you active (the sweatier you get, the better ) and moving around will burn calories. So just find something that works for you that you can stick with.

If weight lifting takes your fancy, have a look at the FAQ in the main fitness forum. If running is your thing, the couch to 5k programme is great for beginners.
Close, but no cigar. The point of exercise is to raise your metabolism. Looking at exercise in therms of burning 200 calories so you eat 200 calories less is pointless because 200 calories is not even a sandwich it's like 2 slices of bread. Better if you just saved yourself half an hour on the treadmill by just not eating those 2 slices of bread.
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Motorbiker)
Am proud of this site that the first ten responses were all good.

No one saying to do situps etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally lol. A TSR fitness thread with no broscience.
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheSK00T3R)
One thing: Calorific deficit.
If you burn more than you eat, you will lose weight, whether its on your belly or your toe.
Personally, I do mountain biking, kickboxing and go to the gym weekly. If I cut down my eating by one meal a day, my weight drops like an anchor. Unfortunately I'm not very good at sustaining it because exercise make me feel hungry.
In general, do any exercise, and decrease the amount of food you eat. It's hard at first, but it becomes habit eventually.
E.g. join a running club, start cycling to school/work, spinning classes at the local gym etc. It's a lot easier to do excercise when your with a club I find.
As for food, your diet sounds healthy. I would recommend cutting evening eating, because the stuff you eat then tends to be most likely to get stored. Chew gum to put off apetite. Cram your stomach full of fruit and veg adn water rather than energy rich foods (dont overeat though).
Hope it helps!
Oh no someone had to ruin it with broscience.
Chewing gum makes you hungrier
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WGR)
Close, but no cigar. The point of exercise is to raise your metabolism. Looking at exercise in therms of burning 200 calories so you eat 200 calories less is pointless because 200 calories is not even a sandwich it's like 2 slices of bread. Better if you just saved yourself half an hour on the treadmill by just not eating those 2 slices of bread.
The problem that I see is that those 200kcals can make a lot of difference to people, and people find it a lot harder to change their dietary habits than do their exercise habits. The point I'm suggesting isn't to exercise so that you don't have to eat less. It's to supplement your caloric restriction by shaving off those extra few calories you simply find difficult to cut out of your diet - and for someone who's already made the drastic lifestyle change of restricting their obesogenic diet, being able to still have those 2 slices of bread makes a big difference for compliance.

Burning calories is raising your metabolic rate.
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
The problem that I see is that those 200kcals can make a lot of difference to people, and people find it a lot harder to change their dietary habits than do their exercise habits. The point I'm suggesting isn't to exercise so that you don't have to eat less. It's to supplement your caloric restriction by shaving off those extra few calories you simply find difficult to cut out of your diet - and for someone who's already made the drastic lifestyle change of restricting their obesogenic diet, being able to still have those 2 slices of bread makes a big difference for compliance.

Burning calories is raising your metabolic rate.
Well I don't know about you but I find it a lot easier to just not eat an extra slice of bread rather than put on my clothes, pack my gym bag, take the bust to the gym, pay the entrance fee, get on the treadmill run for half an hour and come back just to end up eating even more bread because that made me hungry. If you try burning off what you eat you are fighting a losing and demoralizing battle because it is far far easier to take in calories than to burn them through exercise.
CasualSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hmmm eating healthy, drastically reducing calories and doing loads of sit ups worked for me but I don't think hat is good advice/ the right way to do it
ChrissM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alicerosecarter)
Lift heavy, high intensity cardio and overal good diet. Don't calorie count, macro count, so aim for like 30 g of fats, 150 g of fat and 150 g of protein. Watch your body tone up immediately and DRINK LOADS OF WATER. no safer way to do it!
OP, this is supposed to say 30g fat, 150g carbs, 150g protein. You don't want to be eating 180g of fat!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads