The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

I hear that Leeds is a very sociable uni. Opinions?

Hi there,

So I have applied for Leeds. I went to visit the uni recently and enjoyed it. However, I got the feeling that it is very student life focused. I like that as it is important in uni life but I am really mainly going for my degree which is in English. I'm quite sociable but I wouldn't say I'm a party type kind of person, I like talking and meeting new people but I get anxious in big groups of new people... Basically I am not too fussed about the social aspects of uni but I am worried it will overshadow my experience at Leeds IF I choose to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

One of the great things about Leeds, because of our size, we really do have something for everyone. Whilst we are a large university, you won't just be one person in a sea of thousands, there are lots of little pockets of people where you'll find that you fit in. Whether that's your hall of residence, academic subject, or any societies that you join, I'm confident that you'll feel welcome.

We are, of course, very focussed on your education, but we do feel that it is important for you do engage with the university in other ways. When you are looking at employment after graduation, its all the other bits (alongside the excellent English degree you'll achieve!) that will make you stand out. Whether that's undertaking some work experience, studying abroad, helping run a society or being on your Halls Committee, the experience you gain alongside your degree will help shape you as an individual.

I hope that answers your question - I'd recommend that you get talking to other students and applicants in the University of Leeds Forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Best wishes

Amanda
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by University of Leeds
Hi,

One of the great things about Leeds, because of our size, we really do have something for everyone. Whilst we are a large university, you won't just be one person in a sea of thousands, there are lots of little pockets of people where you'll find that you fit in. Whether that's your hall of residence, academic subject, or any societies that you join, I'm confident that you'll feel welcome.

We are, of course, very focussed on your education, but we do feel that it is important for you do engage with the university in other ways. When you are looking at employment after graduation, its all the other bits (alongside the excellent English degree you'll achieve!) that will make you stand out. Whether that's undertaking some work experience, studying abroad, helping run a society or being on your Halls Committee, the experience you gain alongside your degree will help shape you as an individual.

I hope that answers your question - I'd recommend that you get talking to other students and applicants in the University of Leeds Forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Best wishes

Amanda

That's really reassuring. Thank you so much for your answer! I am definitely considering Leeds now as a definite firm choice.

Quick Reply

Latest