General patheticness of political parties? Watch

Poll: Are you fed up of political parties?
Yes (7)
58.33%
No (3)
25%
Couldn't care less about politics (1)
8.33%
They were always pretty pathetic anyway (1)
8.33%
DouglasAdams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do you not feel when looking now at the political spectrum, that we just vote for the least worst political party, not the best?

If you look back, you see that Thatcher, Churchill, Lloyd George, Attlee, even Blair etc had real policies to fight for. Now we just seem to have politicians bent solely on gaining power.
Are you not fed up?
username1310823
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Absolutely.

I mean even though I believe Thatcher was wrong in a few of her beliefs
she had a strong set of ideals and a political philosophy which she stood by unwaveringly throughout her career. Traits which are extremely admirable and sadly just as rare in politics today (*cough* nick clegg).

Its such a shame to see politicians pandering to public opinion or promising falsehoods for the sake of more votes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FrankTHEsehlat)
Absolutely.

I mean even though I believe Thatcher was wrong in a few of her beliefs
she had a strong set of ideals and a political philosophy which she stood by unwaveringly throughout her career. Traits which are extremely admirable and sadly just as rare in politics today (*cough* nick clegg).

Its such a shame to see politicians pandering to public opinion or promising falsehoods for the sake of more votes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or maybe the reaction of the public is the truly pathetic part. Any old nonsense is a scandal; a politician using the word 'pleb', how despicable.
CryptoidAlien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DouglasAdams)
Do you not feel when looking now at the political spectrum, that we just vote for the least worst political party, not the best?

If you look back, you see that Thatcher, Churchill, Lloyd George, Attlee, even Blair etc had real policies to fight for. Now we just seem to have politicians bent solely on gaining power.
Are you not fed up?
They're all weak characters. Have a look at Cameron. The man has no soul. He'd apologize to you for breaking into his property.

When he does a speech, I just cringe. The parties have no backbone anymore. They're too worried/scared about offending people and hung up on progressive fantasies.
username1310823
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jjj90)
Or maybe the reaction of the public is the truly pathetic part. Any old nonsense is a scandal; a politician using the word 'pleb', how despicable.
I agree. Perhaps, also, the media are at fault here.

The public holds a legitimate concern about classism and public school dominance within politics and in response the media latch on to the so called 'Pleb-Gate Scandal' - which is ridiculous and also draws attention away from the real issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes i'm fed up. They bow down to the EU.
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yup. I don't believe a word of what comes out of any of their mouths!

I'm probably going to vote for UKIP next time, just to have a change from the main three groups of idiots.
Plainview
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not really. I don't know what people expect. They lie and distort because they are under extreme pressure from the media 24/7.

People decide that they 'don't care about politics' before they even get involved.
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you mean apathetic
lonelyknight
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I couldn't care less if I tried. I don't believe any of them, and they have no idea what's good for the country.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (537)
26.41%
The paper was reasonable (885)
43.53%
Not feeling great about that exam (397)
19.53%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.53%

Watched Threads