A-Level Options Watch

shmaisie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would really like to be a music journalist however I understand that this is a competitive area and I wouldn't mind being a normal journalist.

English Literature is an A-Level I will be definitely taking as it's required for many journalism degrees and whilst I understand it's a big step up from GCSE, I currently enjoy the subject and always have enjoyed reading. I'll also definitely take media as it'll help me out with my aspiration of becoming a journalism or at least offer me an insight (I hope).

However, I'm not 100% sure on the other two I'd like to take. I've also considered politics but can anybody tell me about this course? Will it be any help for me in a journalistic career? I have also thought about photography, whilst I understand this probably won't be any help to me, it'll be nice to have a subject which isn't essay based.

Saying this, is there anything which would help towards a career in music journalism? I mean, I'm not the type to actually play an instrument or whatever, I just really enjoy listening, reading about and discussing pop music in my spare time.

I'm not really sure what else I can add but if anyone can offer me any advice or tell me about any of these courses then I'll be very grateful! Thank you in advance
cookiecrumblexx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i would have thought that music alevel would be a must.....i do music gcse ...its awful and could not even imagine picking it for alevel the thought sickens me lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.02%
The paper was reasonable (389)
42.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.17%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.21%

Watched Threads